Styling Gear Gaiter centre console

Currently reading:
Styling Gear Gaiter centre console

psychofox

Legend
How can i make this fit?

The original gaiter cannot fit into the centre console.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Exactly, you're missing that piece of plastic. Original gaiter has holes (or small cuts, however you call them) on the lower end; the plastic trim goes inside of gaiter... Actually they are glued together by manufacturer at the bottom end of gaiter. That way, when trim is placed in centre console gaiter goes around and below it.

BTW it ain't a problem judging by your pic - just don't drop anything inside like i did several times :)

Exactly, you're missing that piece of plastic. Original gaiter has holes (or small cuts, however you call them) on the lower end; the plastic trim goes inside of gaiter... Actually they are glued together by manufacturer at the bottom end of gaiter. That way, when trim is placed in centre console gaiter goes around and below it.

BTW it ain't a problem judging by your pic - just don't drop anything inside like i did several times :)

Can i get this missing piece of plastic from a Fiat dealer?
I know i will drop something down there eventually!!!!

I wouldn't go to the dealer, who knows how much would they charge you. Go to the junkyard, find any mk1 and you'll probably pay either nothing or something symbolic.

Mines the exact same. I bought mine from a member from here. Same situation.

Back