Technical Centre Console Air Vent Removal? Help!

Currently reading:
Technical Centre Console Air Vent Removal? Help!

bbgames

:)
I have recently got myself a Punto mk2 '03 and have noticed that a 'direction fin'? inside the middle right vent has fallen off inside (n)

I tried to get in there with some pliars but to no avail. Is there any way of taking that part of the unit out so that I can get the piece that has fallen behind? I haven't been able to find any info elsewhere :(

Here's a pic to show where I mean:

1212ly4.jpg

erm im not to sure about this but my mom has a mark 2 punto n i fink if you want to get them out u might have to take the radio out n there mite be some bolts in there that you have to unscrew, also there might be an allen key bolt underneath the fan switch, it should just pull off well it does on mine (mark 1 gt) it mite work for you but not 100% sure, hope this helps you out mate

erm im not to sure about this but my mom has a mark 2 punto n i fink if you want to get them out u might have to take the radio out n there mite be some bolts in there that you have to unscrew, also there might be an allen key bolt underneath the fan switch, it should just pull off well it does on mine (mark 1 gt) it mite work for you but not 100% sure, hope this helps you out mate

Thanks a lot for the info (y) Will try this later :)

ah? i dont know how far down it can go? mabee find out and unplug pipe neaerer to there might be able to fish it out?

Well that's why I thought it might be better going in from the front end rather than near the pipes :shrug: The pipes look quite small so even if it was there I wouldnt be able to get it out or clip it back on lol

Cant you think of a temp fix, i think trying to sort this would be such a mission it would not be worth it. Personally id stop that whistling and just leave it, but i know how something so little to someone else can **** another person off to the max lol.

So your best bet would be to go from the front, the pipes going in are very narrow. Have a look round the edges within the airvent, there will probably be something like a small clip. The punto seems to be made up of many push clips....

I know that is how the other airvents work, you know the one at either side?. Perhaps similar?? worth a try mate.

Back