General how many of you have de-locked your doors

Currently reading:
General how many of you have de-locked your doors

punto18

i got ma car back 2 day from the body shop and am wondering hom many people have de-locked there puntos it looks well trick and a lot tidier 5364944527a7328886742l[1].jpg

Re: how many ov u have de-locked your doors

not yet but will do one day lol

Re: how many of youu have de-locked your doors

I would never even consider doing that. All it takes is for the alarm/fob that pops to door to give in...

... Yes, then you're officially ****ed.

How much for the full respray, and how much for delocking it??

Id like central locking , any idea how much that would cost.

You can buycentral locking kits from the web. After ive got my dent sorted, and new rear bumper, im delocking, and dehandle-ing. lol. :)

IIRC MOT requires at least drivers side handle, ie exterior access, so emergency services can access the cabin in a accident

Yeah i've read that before. But its OK if you get them mirrors which have door poppers innit? Al have to enquire. Theres a girl at my work, with a mk1 sporting, and thats all smoothed off. Wonder how she gets passed it come MOT day?

As said dehandling is legal and will pass an mot as long as you have popper buttons to open the doors.

As for the battery going flat then the secret is to have another way into the car, (y)

Mine with no handles/locks

DSCF0035.jpg

wow that car looks amazing with no handles and locks! how much did it cost mate?
I might get that done when i have the cash :D

I wanna do this as well, well de-lock at least but need central & remote locking first so its a 'wait til can afford the new alarm system' job :( is it a possible job to de-lock urself? or better professionally done?

wow that car looks amazing with no handles and locks! how much did it cost mate?
I might get that done when i have the cash :D

I had it done as part of a full colour change and lots of other work mate.

Im guessing you would be looking at £500 ish for both doors to be delocked, dehandled and resprayed.

Last edited:
I had it done as part of a full colour change and lots of other work mate.

Im guessing you would be looking at £500 ish for both doors to be delocked, dehandled and resprayed.

I did the same, but i didnt have the colour change. Cost me around £200 per door to lose the locks but I kept the handles.

Back