Indian Call centers

Currently reading:
Indian Call centers

Why is it they cant always pronounce your name :mad: they always pick a time to call you when you are busy :mad: and try to make out that they are from another organization...:confused:

Just had one such call From one such Lady called Miss Rodger :eek: after asking for mr A Mongoliarie i told her to hold on and left her a minute before picking up the conversation (now there are two mr A Mongoliaries in the house) so she was asked who she wanted and got the "Mr who pays the BT phone bill"

(now we have had problems with the Phone bill lately so i temporally stopped playing silly bu@@ers)

next thing she's offering to reduce our line rental from X a month to Z a month for FREE :worship:

(At which point i went back into silly bu@@er mode)

So i told her that sounded good

next she asked how much we paid a 1/4 on our phone bill (now shouldn't BT already know this at no point did she say which firm she worked for but had made several comments about BT obviously trying to sound like it was BT)

So I asked her to hold on whilst "i find the bill" put the phone to one side and raided the kitchen cupboard for something to eat and made a drink.. and apologized for the delay (gob full of food and she couldnt under stand me) and that i now had the bill in hand which was actually sat by the phone after the bill problems..

But told her i couldn't see the Total on the bill (its in plain sight) and she started going through the bill with me wanting the BT customer number address etc which all had to be spelt out Phonetically as she couldnt under stand how to spell the road name (all the details i gave her were made up and false using the details of a local primary school for the address :devil:)

then after 5 minutes of taking her round the houses and up and down the garden path i appeared to click and came out with

"Hang on if your ringing about my BT land line you should already have all my details"

"oh mr Mongoiliarie I must make it clear we are not from BT"

at which point i played the with a stern voice

"YOU ARE AWARE WE ARE REGISTERED WITH THE TELEPHONE PREFERENCE SERVICE"

at which point she put the phone down :devil:

I had her on the go for about 10 mins bet she was a bit peeved

if everyone made time to do something similar i bet the companies would soon get p155ed off :idea:

Last edited:
Lol. I love it. I remember a friend who lived in a flat. He kept getting calls asking if he wanted a conservitory. He got so wound up that one day he asked them around to give him a quote.

They arrived and said have we got to right place? Yes he said, why is there a problem? We can't build you a conservitory. O whys that he asks, you 9 floors up a tower block they said, so he promptly told them to p155 off and not ring him again:D

Lol. I love it. I remember a friend who lived in a flat. He kept getting calls asking if he wanted a conservitory. He got so wound up that one day he asked them around to give him a quote.

They arrived and said have we got to right place? Yes he said, why is there a problem? We can't build you a conservitory. O whys that he asks, you 9 floors up a tower block they said, so he promptly told them to p155 off and not ring him again:D

:ROFLMAO:

if everyone made time to do something similar i bet the companies would soon get p155ed off :idea:

Can understand the frustration of constant unsolicited calls at most inappropriate times though., but have you ever worked as a telemarketer/phone interviewer in a third world country? Its tough enough trying to make ends meet - if you're not interested, just say so politely and hang up - at least no further time is wasted for both you and the caller.

Last edited:
The best one I had was when I got a call and someone said:

Is Mr Burford there.

Speaking.

This is Bla bla from bla bla Ltd I was wondering if I could interest you......

I'm on TPS and have denied my details being sold to any 3rd paty companies by anyone I'm a customer to. How did you get this number?

We have a random number generator.

Your lying!

No I'm not.

Yes you are. If you've got a random number generator then how do you know my name?

Errr, emmm, sorry for any inconvience, good bye

Has this several times:D

I tried the TPS line when I got cold called on my work number and the (smug b@st@rd) bloke on the other end cheerfully told me that only applied to cold calls made from within the UK and that he would not remove my number from their database.

I told him I'd need to double check that position with our legal team and asked for his details ... he hung up and hasn't rung back since ;)

Chris

I tried the TPS line when I got cold called on my work number and the (smug b@st@rd) bloke on the other end cheerfully told me that only applied to cold calls made from within the UK and that he would not remove my number from their database.

I told him I'd need to double check that position with our legal team and asked for his details ... he hung up and hasn't rung back since ;)

Chris

Yes, the callers never like to give their details.

Never did the person I got through to at O2 when I threatend legal action. I hate the way they hide behind the Data Protection act.

I hate cold callers...but I was one for a while whilst I was at college...working for Anglian Home Improvements

I had a number come up for a guy in Streatham and the poor sod got soooo many calls...his name was Mr Suew*nkcumpoo
I called and asked for him, he wasn't english and confirmed he was speaking, so I fell into hysterics and had to hang up...then the rest of the office just had to have a go :D :devil:

Last edited:
i hate cold callers as well :D

as you might have guessed on here, i come from quite a wacky family so we like to wind them up :p

usually passing the phone between me, my mum, or my dad :p

we only get them on the business line though, not the private line

I love winding them up. :D

Someone once rung for a Miss Woods and there is two of them so I said;

Do you want the fat one or the skinny one? - Erm... Don't know...

Tall or short? - Erm...

Blonde or Brunette? - Errr...

Young or old? - Old, says she is 43 here.

WTF? Your calling my mum old and you expect to get money out of her? :mad:

Hung up after that. :)

Hate it when they say Miss Oods too. :mad:

but have you ever worked as a telemarketer/phone interviewer in a third world country?

I wouldnt say the UK's third world, but I definately wouldnt claim its first world!

The whole situation does my head in TBH, I used to have to make cold / warm calls to people for a company I worked for (trying to take loan applications)....was a major PITA.

mmO2 have been ringing me for the last 6 months now, assumedly to sell me a mobile 'phone contract - of which I have no interest towards. I wouldnt mind so much if I didnt know which company (that isnt mmO2) thats ringing. I also wouldnt mind if aforementioned sales calls actually ceased completely as its a wonder they got my number to begin with as Im normally a right bugger for concealing my tracks on application forms etc.

And H3G annoy me even more - Im trying to terminate my contract with them to move to someone else - every time I ring them I get exactly the same offer and sales sphiel although Ive heard it a good few times no and really am not interested. I wish I understand the mentality of the call centre management TBH as that tactic doesnt work...I explained that to an outbound c/c manager that I used to work under and she didnt get the point.

It all comes down to the fact that at the end of the day, in whatever country youre in, management just dont get the point unless they actually do the same work!

I did exactly that when I lived in a first floor flat above a shop. Not only had I already told them I had no ground floor on which to attach a conservatory I'd also told them I didn't own the place and that they'd need to speak to my landlord first. Didn't stop them sending the guy out! His face was a picture as he drove away. :D

He wasn't even impressed when I asked if he could put one on the flat roof of the ground floor extension next to my lounge. ;)

I never have no problems with indian call centers. i find the service they provide is generally very good. and they always get my order correct
some even deliver
061103_spiceofindeia.jpg

Back