Technical Brake Light Switch

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Light Switch

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Hi

My Stilo seems to have developed a fault where the brake lights remain on. Apparantly, the car logged this as a fault. The lights were staying on constantly.

My dealer has adjusted it, but the fault seems to reappear - it usually comes back after the violent pulsation of the brake pedal during ABS intervention.

Any ideas? Thanks

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

This is caused by the actual switch being damaged (well to be honest, smashed). It happened to me and the dealer happily changed it, it took just over an hour and it was free of charge. He said he was sick of doing them but the replacement ones are better quality so it shouldnt happen again & 7 months on, not a problem

The b/light switch is very prone to being readjusted by you this happens as you can sometimes catch your foot under the pedal which in turn lifts the pedal and pushes the plastic plunger back up inside the switch so it becomes either very sensitive or the lights stay on but most of the time your dealer only needs to reset the correctly

Had this problem following a service. When they changed the pollen filter, under the dashboard, they disturbed the brake pedal damaging the brake light switch. As this part of the service is done after they check the lights no-one noticed until the bulbs blew. The heat from the bulbs melted the insides of the light housing and they both had to be replaced by the dealer. free of charge but not until after a two week wait for the parts to arrive.

Do they ever have the parts you need when you need them ?.

Back