General Bubbling/Gurgling noise

Currently reading:
General Bubbling/Gurgling noise

dhwigston

I have a mk2 punto with a loud bubbling/gurgling noise when i rev. I have bled the rad and cooling system but still there. I understand i may need to change thermostat as it could be partially open. Can anyone guide me on how to do this.

Thanks

Sorry for bringing up an old Thread. But mine has this also.

The coolant system is loosing water, its over heating. Rad/Cooling system bleed by garage (both valves open) last wed. Car overheated twiced driving home to wrk. To my horror, no water!

Thermostat changed, still running water noise, extremely minor leak on reservoir but still maintains extremmely good pressure within the system.

Removed dipstick, no water in oil (not milky etc), no loss of oil, hot air comes out of heater, no oil in coolant, so none of the obvious "tell-tail" signs of nackered Head Gasket. Though a fair bit of moisture from exhaust i believe.

I'm sooo confused.

Seems to be alot of air in the system, air hisses out the bleed screws (on rad and hose going into dash) then stops, but no water comes out afterwards. No signs of dripping anywhere, apart from minor leak where the filler neck joins the reservoir. Very confussed!

Any help is much appreciated.

Am selling it because i'm going to Australia in 11 days!!! Gunna miss the Punto :(

Thanks James

If there are not any external leaks and its loosing water its head gasket failure. With the fact its overheated a few times reinforces the fact, you only need to overheat once on the 8v and it could cause the HG togo.

Have you checked under the oil cap for the 'mayo'?

pop to a garage and get a compression test and/or sniff test done to confirm whether or not it is the HG but i suspect it is im afraid

Last edited:
Back