Technical Driver door making some strange sound

Currently reading:
Technical Driver door making some strange sound

AY786

When i open and close my drivers side door, it makes a really loud sound like its about to brake off lol. You think it could be the brackets and would wd-40 sort it out?

I just sprayed all my hinges and all other moving parts between the door and the body with Liquid Wrench, similar to WD40. It helped a little but did not solve the problem.

same thing happened to me, i used some grease and eased the pain but to do it properly u should remove door cards and either replace the strip or have it properly greased.... this is from what i've read on other similar topics. I tried to remove the door card and broke a little foot from speaker cover, therefore i drop the whole thing. :D

Last edited:
same thing happened to me, i used some grease and eased the pain but to do it properly u should remove door cards and either replace the strip or have it properly greased.... this is from what i've read on other similar topics. I tried to remove the door card and broke a little foot from speaker cover, therefore i drop the whole thing. :D

apparetly every1 breaks tem so i am leaving my door cards alone:p

hey just last evening the sound has dissapeared. I slammed the door and I heard some click clack and that was it. no more strange sounds....Miracle.

now i hope for some miracle related to the moisture on the engine :D

and for the dash board to unstuck so I can change blown bulb

no Miracle...

still no ugly sound but i've also lost the check strap system
so no more 3 steps of opening the door :D

but it's very quiet therefor I am very pleased :D

There's no need to remove the door card on mk2 punto when you replace the check strap, just remove the speaker grill and speaker, then you can get your hand inside door to remove / replace the check strap. I had one yesterday which sounded like door was breaking off everytime it was opened, turned out one of the mounting lugs had snapped off the check strap. I simply welded the lug back on.

Back