General M-jet Or T-jet Practical Questions Help!!

Currently reading:
General M-jet Or T-jet Practical Questions Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandepunto4life

I feat what i may be starting is an argument but i shall continue none the less.

OK i have a 1.2 (slow slow slow) and what a sporting (fast fast fast)

The 0-60 of the t-jet is 8.9
and the 0-60 of the m-jet is 9.9

in a head to head race would this really make a difference
which is genuinally faster acceleration etc. not from a rolling start

and finally a re-map what is this

does it affect the warranty and does it make a big difference
thanks in advance and dont argue lets be honest theyre both truly amazing cars

I feat what i may be starting is an argument but i shall continue none the less.

OK i have a 1.2 (slow slow slow) and what a sporting (fast fast fast)

The 0-60 of the t-jet is 8.9
and the 0-60 of the m-jet is 9.9

in a head to head race would this really make a difference
which is genuinally faster acceleration etc. not from a rolling start

and finally a re-map what is this

does it affect the warranty and does it make a big difference
thanks in advance and dont argue lets be honest theyre both truly amazing cars

the t-jet is faster not from a rolling start but the m-jet has better in gear acceleration.Dont put too much emphasis on 0-60 because unless your planning on having a lot of races from the lights (n) its not really a good indication

Im not entirely sure about the specifics of a remap, but it changes the ecu to improve the performance of the car. A lot better gains can be had from the m-jet than t-jet, mainly because of the small turbo on the t-jet.From what has been said it transforms the m-jet.I dont think there are many problems on the warranty front, because it isnt easily detectable.

ok thanks for plain advice im going through the argument thread and noone seems to outline it properly and clearly lol...what do you mean by in gear acceleration presumably when you press down the pedal say on a motor way its going to make more progression than the t-jet

Due to the M-jet being a diesel it will be different to a T-Jet. Your 0-60 times are a little off, the M-Jet is 9.2 and the T-Jet is 8.9. You would do well to detect that difference.

As said the T-Jet will accelerate quicker from standstill. The M-Jet will be quicker once moving. I drive my M-Jet on the torque band not power. Diesels deliver power differently to petrols. The in gear acceleration is better due to the torque of the diesel. Your motorway thinking is right, basically, mine pulls well in 6th gear at 70-80mph, no need to change down a gear. The T-Jet wont have the performance to match this at this speed.

Both cars have plus and negative points. The general thinking on the forum is

- if you want great mpg and great cruising ability get the m-jet (i.e. do alot of miles)

-if mpg isnt an issue get the T-jet.

The T-Jet wasnt available when i got my car but i would have still chosen the M-Jet, regardless of the milage i would be doing.

I'm no expert on re maps but i think it alters the fuel delivery so it matches the current rpm.

For £199 ish you can get the m-jet to 180bhp and 350nm. Not had mine done but its meant to make a huge difference.

Last edited:
ok thanks for plain advice im going through the argument thread and noone seems to outline it properly and clearly lol...what do you mean by in gear acceleration presumably when you press down the pedal say on a motor way its going to make more progression than the t-jet

Yeah diesels have much more torque so pull a lot better. The main things to consider are how many miles will you be doing and the m-jet is a 1000 more at list price

The obvious answer is to test drive them both and see which you prefer, ie which suits your driving style more. Take them both out over an extended route and preferably identical route; only you can say which is better for you.

well im 18 and i cover roughly 8-10,000 miles each year...i get pleasure out of havign a good mpg call me weird but it makes me feel happy lol i often tear the roads up yet hate having on a dual carriage way to overtake someone have to change down to get accelerating i often try not to change gear at all...almost like an auto if you see what i mean so would you say considering all this the m-jet is the better option

and money is not an issue btw i have more than enough.. i was considering a 207 or golf but for insurance and looks you cannot compare

well im 18 and i cover roughly 8-10,000 miles each year...i get pleasure out of havign a good mpg call me weird but it makes me feel happy lol i often tear the roads up yet hate having on a dual carriage way to overtake someone have to change down to get accelerating i often try not to change gear at all...almost like an auto if you see what i mean so would you say considering all this the m-jet is the better option

and money is not an issue btw i have more than enough.. i was considering a 207 or golf but for insurance and looks you cannot compare

You want the M-Jet then, you sound the same as me, like to tear up the road whilst having good mpg. I get about 52mpg out of mine on the motorway, drops to 38-40 when i give it some.

Last edited:
wicked... thanks for that i drive a 1.2 active now so i dont no what the mpg i get out of that is....how much do you get on a full tank of fuel mile wise i get 330

Well before the remap the m-jet is fast, after the remap the m-jet is a beast.

I got my m-jet when i was 18, absolutely loving it. Had the remap done just recently and the 0-60 is improved, mpg is improved greatly, top speed is increased by 20-25 mph. M-Jet is amazing for tuning and the amount of torque gives you a big smile :D

Drive them both but i recommend you get into a tuned m-jet, even if it's someone from this website just to see how amazing it really is :)

M-Jet tuned will be faster than T-Jet and it'll suit you more as it did me.

You should get about 500+ Miles in the m-jet, dependant on driving style. motorway driving i've got 61mpg! :)

Last edited:
wicked... thanks for that i drive a 1.2 active now so i dont no what the mpg i get out of that is....how much do you get on a full tank of fuel mile wise i get 330
You should be able to tell mpg from the dash screen ;) I get about 38-40mpg when pushing it and normally 44-46mpg steadier.

so will a remap improve 0-60 and also is anyone coming to ace cafe...i live right next to it never spotted this event should be good i can talk to some of you gps owners maybe some can take me for a spin

so will a remap improve 0-60 and also is anyone coming to ace cafe...i live right next to it never spotted this event should be good i can talk to some of you gps owners maybe some can take me for a spin

each car is different, and the gains from the same tuning company on the same car can vary. It will improve the 0-60 but dont expect a higher top speed as tym claims, i cant see it myself. He seems to think the remap has turned his car in to a bugatti veyron

remap will improve 0-60 by over 2 seconds.

LOL what a load of crap so 7.2 sec to 60 then? total crap firstly u cant put the power down in re-map m-jet it just scrats the wheels in 1st n 2nd gear, fair enough when its rolling its rapid but dont talk crap about 0-60 times I would recon due to its inability to put the power down at a standing start it aint much quicker from a start than a standard maybe 0.5 sec.

LOL what a load of crap so 7.2 sec to 60 then? total crap firstly u cant put the power down in re-map m-jet it just scrats the wheels in 1st n 2nd gear, fair enough when its rolling its rapid but dont talk crap about 0-60 times I would recon due to its inability to put the power down at a standing start it aint much quicker from a start than a standard maybe 0.5 sec.

Your talking crap too... Half a second quicker my ass! :rolleyes:

It's around 1.6 seconds quicker on my map no bother!

Last edited:
Eh, standing start acceleration depends on much more than you think:

- tyres and tyre pressure
- wheel size
- weight distribution
- surface (ground)
- power-line or power distribution
- gear ratios
- weight
-...and fo course power

If you're on the road a lot and dont mind having a diesel under the bonnet, the M-jet is certainly the way to go. However, theres a turbo in the petrol driven version aswell, giving the car a much more elastic (read: torque-ier) performance than you'd imagine...certainly if you compare that with the non turbo driven 1.2 or even 1.4.

Try it out - its the best way to decide ;)

F

As an M-Jet owner I would like to add that if you are considering either and performance really matters to you then dont worry as these cars are both very quick in the real world and if you drive hard you will quickly lose your licence so go for either as you will be selling pretty quickly.

:bang:

Seriously both are great, drive em both and make your descision based on this. Economy is ok on both but drive hard and economy goes out the window even on the M-Jet (very low 30's driven medium to hard).

Last edited:
there was another guy who got over 140 in his gp on private estate. Mine has gone to 146mph on private runway in nottinghamshire. If you don't believe me then fine :)

OK im following no need to argue everyone has nice cars irrelevant of speed and finally are any of you guys who have had a re map on your m-jet coming to ace cafe if so maybe you can take me for a spin in yours because i've never been in one
thanks in advance lads (& gp lasses :)eek:)
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back