classifieds section

Currently reading:
classifieds section

is it just me or does anyone else think the classified section on here is a bit of a faff compared to most car forums?

i never advertise on here as you can just start a thread and list all your stuff in it like on other sites. and i feel not enough people look though the classifieds on here, i for one dont as i find it too much messing about, whereas just having a "For Sale" section and "Wanted" like most forums, i find much much better and u can quickly browse to see if theres anything u fancy.

can we change the current classifieds section? or is it only me who feels like this

Cheers

Dunc

is it just me or does anyone else think the classified section on here is a bit of a faff compared to most car forums?

i never advertise on here as you can just start a thread and list all your stuff in it like on other sites. and i feel not enough people look though the classifieds on here, i for one dont as i find it too much messing about, whereas just having a "For Sale" section and "Wanted" like most forums, i find much much better and u can quickly browse to see if theres anything u fancy.

can we change the current classifieds section? or is it only me who feels like this

Cheers

Dunc

on the flip side im on another forum that lists deals,bargains etc but also private sales and thats a PITA to search on as you get loads of private sales where you want retail offers

on the flip side im on another forum that lists deals,bargains etc but also private sales and thats a PITA to search on as you get loads of private sales where you want retail offers

But aren't those deals, bargains etc. dealt within LL?

I agree, it can be a faff both posting and searching in the Classifieds. And lots of things could go into several catergories - an uprated 1108 exhaust manifold for example, could go into the Cinq, Sei, Punto and Tuning sections.

The only problem I can see with just having a For Sale and a Wanted section is that people might just put something like 'Mk2 for sale' when they're selling a mk. 2 Punto for example.

another forum ;)

Yes, I realise that - the point I was making was that this sort of thing is dealt within the LL so the vast majority of ads (if not all) would be private sellers, therefore the 'flip side' you describe wouldn't exist.

it does if the sales are in the main forum.
you search(remember most dont/cant use advanced search) for say info on an exhaust and get loads of sales posts in your search results

That happens now anyway with the Classifieds section as it is, so that's a moot point.

if it was changed to a for sale/ wanted section within the forum then you will get newbs who will say ill buy it when it was sold months ago.

just post a link to your classified ad in the auction watch section(y)

Then it is up to the OP of that thread to announce the item is is sold, and maybe the OP could have the facility to close their FS/W threads?

Isn't linking a Classifieds ad in the AW a bit pointless and against forum rules?

Then it is up to the OP of that thread to announce the item is is sold, and maybe the OP could have the facility to close their FS/W threads?

Isn't linking a Classifieds ad in the AW a bit pointless and against forum rules?
yes it is,the way i recommend is to add a link to your ad in your sig
that way loads get to see it

Back