General loving it!! new 100hp,running in?

Currently reading:
General loving it!! new 100hp,running in?

evans700

picked up my new black 100 hp and loving it to bits,1 question sales man said you don't have to run it in and i can trash it from the word go.can any one shine some light on this subject?

should be no problems to give it the beans from the word go as i think the engine is bench run in. we have a HP and its been hammered from the word go lol never had any problems!

Yeah, I run my previous car in like a saint. Then everything went t!ts up. With the 100HP, from day one I just let it warm up before hoofing it around (as already mentioned). Do that, all should be fine. Almost 11,500 miles now, so far so good! :slayer:

I don't believe in running cars in, as long as they are you don't rev the nuts off it when the engine/oil is cold. Also keep the revs varied.....(y)

I took it gently at first, gradually easing up the revs and throttle for the first few hundred miles. Doesn't seem to have done it any damage, but the official reccommendation is basically do whatever, just not to run flat out for long periods when new.

I took it gently at first, gradually easing up the revs and throttle for the first few hundred miles.

It was about a hundred miles back to mine from the dealer, so that was my run in period. At first it was mainly motorway, so I didn't push it too hard, but varied the engine speed every now and then when overtaking. Then on the country roads for the last part I opened it up a bit.

I think the engine has loosened up a lot now as it feels nippier and I have an absolute blast (y)

Mine felt great once it reached 10k.

Don't feel it getting any looser now I'm at 11500.

Mines sat at 8400 miles now and i have driven it very very hard from day dot. and its not missed a beat.:devil:

But i do generally let the engine heat up before i thrash it.

Last edited:
Back