General water in passenger footwell!!

Currently reading:
General water in passenger footwell!!

fastkab

hi folks, please help,

my punto 98 60series has water (i presume, as it doesnt smell or stain) in the footwell, no idea why but have a couple of other 'issues' too, the radiator needs topped up very regular (every three days) but cant find a leak and sometimes the hot air cuts out and the red warning light for the engine being too hot comes on but goes off again even though i am still driving without stopping to allow the engine to cool.

what is going on? i have no comprehension of cars what so ever, and when i think about taking her to the garage i feel they are just gonna take the pi** and rip me off.

any ideas??

thanks in advance

fastkab

hi folks, please help,

my punto 98 60series has water (i presume, as it doesnt smell or stain) in the footwell, no idea why but have a couple of other 'issues' too, the radiator needs topped up very regular (every three days) but cant find a leak and sometimes the hot air cuts out and the red warning light for the engine being too hot comes on but goes off again even though i am still driving without stopping to allow the engine to cool.

what is going on? i have no comprehension of cars what so ever, and when i think about taking her to the garage i feel they are just gonna take the pi** and rip me off.

any ideas??

thanks in advance

fastkab

it sounds like the heater matrix is leaking and vus filing your foot well with the water from your engines cooling system on a mk1 punto the hole dash does not need to come out to replace this this part how ether it is a good few hours work labour costs are going to be more than the price of the part you can get a heater matrix for mk1 from ebay and similar or about 60 quid or less maybe not sure

as stated already if you use the search there are plenty others who have had the same work done and will have a better idea of cost

Back