General removing door handles?

Currently reading:
General removing door handles?

Right, I'm fed up with having the ugliest door handles ever to grace any car ever produced and so I want to do something about it. Options are : Removing completly and smoothing the door - Removing and get sei/punto handles fitted - Remove, spray black, refit.

Now, the only option I can afford is the 3rd.

What I need to know is how to remove the handles so that they can be colour coded! any ideas?

I Have A Cinq Sporting...

...Click Here To have a butchers

Haynes manual details how to do it, but off the top of my head... dunno[?] lost my haynes[xx(]

sig.jpg

The Man that Can

If you want a set of pre-dehandled/delocked doors then I may be selling a pair (with a smothed boot if you're intrested)??
Only problem for you would be that they are yellow...
All you need once you have removed the handles etc. is a door popper kit which can be fairly easily obtained and installed - then - woohoo... press a button and your door opens for you - how kool is that! (I will defo be doing to the new car as soon as funds allow as I agree that the door handles look sh*te!)
Matt

It's definatly not a custard now - 'cos I got a red one!!!
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Van Aaken High Boost Turbo engine for sale - "0-60 in the low 7's and enough top end to get you very seriously banned!!"

I know what you mean bout the battery dying!
It happened to me :p
Simple solution is to put a key switch "thing" somewhere (I thought about inside the petrol flap) and wiring it up so it opened the doors (I'm not electrician but it couldn't be that hard to do?)
...or not leave you sub on all day whilst working on the car!!! doh!
I personally think that it the coolest thing ever having a button you press and your doors open!! [8D][8D]:D:D
Um - price - hadn't thought about that - care to make an offer??
Cheers,
Matt

It's definatly not a custard now - 'cos I got a red one!!!
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Van Aaken High Boost Turbo engine for sale - "0-60 in the low 7's and enough top end to get you very seriously banned!!"

haynes guide to removing door handles.

working at the rear edge of the door unscrew the exterior handle however make sure you retain the screw to avoid problems later on. Slide the handles towards the front of the door, then pull the handle out of the door, then carefully prise the lock operating rod from the lever on the lock cylinder. With draw the handle assembly.

REFITTING

Reffiting is a reversal of removing. but make sure that the lock operating rod is securely reconnected to the lever on the lock cylinder. Make sure that the windows does not mess with it then screw everything together. following the reversal of removing it.

hope that helps in some way

Back