General My New GP has broken .

Currently reading:
General My New GP has broken .

Give the stalk a good waggling, make sure its pushed firmly into the column and move it to its extremes in every direction, my car did the same thing on the indicator stalk after 100 miles, I was not impressed! But that mended it, or rather the AA man doing that to it did.

Update, im now without my new car after only 5 days, 3 hours down the dealers and they said it was the stalk, drove away with them working after 3 hours, 10 ft from the car park exit of the main dealers they stop working. To top it all off they have now scratched my car accidently with a screw driver, I threw they keys at them and said i didnt want to see my new car again until its condition eflected its age and mileage..... im not impressed with there service info Autoworld chesterfield....

Update, im now without my new car after only 5 days, 3 hours down the dealers and they said it was the stalk, drove away with them working after 3 hours, 10 ft from the car park exit of the main dealers they stop working. To top it all off they have now scratched my car accidently with a screw driver, I threw they keys at them and said i didnt want to see my new car again until its condition eflected its age and mileage..... im not impressed with there service info Autoworld chesterfield....

Oh dear not good. My dealer has my new TJet back in, because they scratched it during PDI. Gah. :yuck: I've only done barely 200 miles. Still, at least I have a courtesy car. This dealer carelessness seems to be all too common these days.
I just hope they look after it during the repairs :eek:

Oh dear not good. My dealer has my new TJet back in, because they scratched it during PDI. Gah. :yuck: I've only done barely 200 miles. Still, at least I have a courtesy car. This dealer carelessness seems to be all too common these days.
I just hope they look after it during the repairs :eek:

They have given me a Fiat Doblo 1.9 m-jet while they sort mine, which wont be done for a while as they have scratched the dashboard with a screw driver, and they need to order a replacement. might see my car back around 2009 then.

I threw they keys at them and said i didnt want to see my new car again until its condition eflected its age and mileage..... im not impressed with there service info Autoworld chesterfield....

Throw a brick at them next time - that should show them you mean business!

Why would they be messing around with the dash on a brand new car, at the most the steering column shroud or the diagnostic port cover! Thats the kind of thing that gets people riled enough not to return there for servicing etc!

Got car back n it all looks like new again, asked were the scratches were, n they said on the plastic cover around the ignition key, so not as bad as i thought.

Got car back n it all looks like new again, asked were the scratches were, n they said on the plastic cover around the ignition key, so not as bad as i thought.

Thats good to hear.Hopefully the first and last problem

asked were the scratches were, n they said on the plastic cover around the ignition key,

Took me a few days of new ownership to realise some moron left a long scratch mark near the ignition switch - either the dealer seriously needs to have his eyes tested, or Pamela Anderson was walking past when he was trying to start the car :rolleyes:

my old honda had a light around the ignition keyhole which helped at night as at my age finding the hole can be difficult at night :)

Good thing you mentioned your Honda there - for a second I thought it was in reference to your wife :devil:

Back