Technical turbo problems

Currently reading:
Technical turbo problems

stuuyh

Somebody must have had or heard of the same problem as i have,so here we go!!

When i floor my punto gt the turbo kicks in at 3000rpm then judders slightly and then boosts then judders and then boost and judders!!the judder feels like the car is running out of petrol and there is a real power loss,anyone have a n idea what this problem could be,also my car has never boosted all the way to 1.6 likes its supposed to...thanks

sh

Not sure about the boosting and juddering, my old one never did that. Sounds like maybe the waste gate is dumping boost at too low a pressure. Dunno?

I think the Punto GT in standard spec has an 'overboost' facility in the Engine Management Software - you only get the full 1.6 bar of boost briefly if you open the throttle suddenly, especially if you 'floor it' at low revs and it's caught off-boost. There's a knack making it do it at the right moment!

By the way - did you know that 1.6 bar is more boost pressure than a Ferrari 288 GTO?

Here come da judge...

no its not hitting thge limiter,it starts to judder at 4000rpm,there is a massive loss in power,i got a bad feeling the head gasket is on it way out!hope im wrong though,any other comments would be appreciated though

sh

one of my friends who works for fiat had a quick look and drive of the car and said it could possibly be a electrical fault,any ideas wot this cud be??hope its not the ecu...its under warranty,would warranty cover an electrical fault??and also does the warranty cover the brake calipers?

sh

Back