Technical Front discs on JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Front discs on JTD

Craig-m

I have an X reg JTD, just put it in for a service and they inform me the front pads are OK but the Discs need replacing [:0] I have had cars before and I have never had to change the front discs for wearing out, is this a fiat thing and they use crap steel or something?

Besides the fact that the dealer is trying to charge £200 plus for them and fitting, he wants to change the unworn pads too - both jobs not too hard methinks.

Are there suppliers I can go to for front punto discs without having to go to the fiat main dealers or are they parts you can only get from the main dealers.

Anyone else had a problem with front discs going after 36K miles?

Craig

discs are not great buy buy some uprated red dot 6 groove disc,s instead lot better performance and quite cheap to try GSR or motorsportworld for the red dot

www.puntomk2.co.uk

You are right, not a hard job. Most motor factors will supply what you want. The pads will need changing if you get new discs. What is wrong with discs, worn or warped? don't usually wear before the pads. Tansy

Had a look at them and there seems to be a bit of a lip, yes there is some wear but nothing I would be too worried about. Priced up the discs and can get them at about £30 each, unlike dealer quote of £50 + VAT!

I had to take the thing to a dealer because it still had a little warranty left on it. They tried to charge £350 for the service until I reminded them it was £200 - "oops, we tried to charge you twice for all the parts" - makes you wonder if they would have taken that amount if I had not queried it. Think main dealer is not a place to visit for servicings or spares in future.

The other nice thing they did do was put a steam cleaner near my bonnet for some reason, this took off a big piece of paint. They then proceeded to ask if I had any paint work done at the front of the car - err who gives a stuff if I have or not, they messed it up, they can sort it out.

Foxfield of Wigan are gave me lousy service and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone

Craig

Back