General City Drive?

Currently reading:
General City Drive?

Luigi_YeYe

Do the new fiats have city drive applications for the steering wheel so its like super power steering? or is just normal power steering?

Yeh thats what I mean! Sorry Im not so great with car knowledge. Do all the 500s have it or is just the lounge/sport?

The 1.4s have a Sport button (it makes the steering heavier and sharpens up the throttle response) whilst the 1.2s and 1.3s get the City button.

Cheers
Baldrick

what exactly does it do? just make the powerstearing more... erm... powered? the dealer i got it on said "use it when you go into citys, and make sure you dont go fast with it".

maybe i should just turn it on an find out what it does :S

It makes the steering lighter so that tight parking spaces can be negotiated more fluidly...if you drive above 25mph with the city button engaged it will turn off automatically and your steering 'feel' will return to it's default slightly heavier mode.

It makes the steering lighter so that tight parking spaces can be negotiated more fluidly...if you drive above 25mph with the city button engaged it will turn off automatically and your steering 'feel' will return to it's default slightly heavier mode.

Well I was doing a ton yesterday on the M-way and it was still on? :eek: Well the "City" light on the dash was anyway.

Well I was doing a ton yesterday on the M-way and it was still on? :eek: Well the "City" light on the dash was anyway.

Oh Right!:eek: :confused:...Well, I think that info about driving above 25mph and the city button disengaging was something I read on here...come to think of it I didn't investigate the matter fully so...if that info I have passed on is incorrect then je suis tres desolet!

Did you feel any difference in the steering weight at all? Perhaps it re-engages automatically if you slow to under 25 mph or if you don't manually disengage it??? Just guessing here as I haven't taken delivery of mine yet and probably won't for a while considering all these 1.3 MJT troubles...:mad:

Oh Right!:eek: :confused:...Well, I think that info about driving above 25mph and the city button disengaging was something I read on here...come to think of it I didn't investigate the matter fully so...if that info I have passed on is incorrect then je suis tres desolet!

Did you feel any difference in the steering weight at all? Perhaps it re-engages automatically if you slow to under 25 mph or if you don't manually disengage it??? Just guessing here as I haven't taken delivery of mine yet and probably won't for a while considering all these 1.3 MJT troubles...:mad:

Mine's an M-jet and I'm with you on the City button. Always used to go off on my 53 reg M-jet Punto.

Another question for the garage on Monday.

BTW Really enjoying my car.

it turns it's self off above 19 mph even if it still says CITY in the display so I just keep it on all the time.

As the other lads say, you only need it for parking and if your doing more than 19 mph when your parking then you probably really don't need it, lol!

Jim

I always thought it useless, however turn it on when you need to do a quick turn in the road in a tight spot... its genius then:)

When I had my Punto Sporting (with girlie button) I did a tendon in my elbow. Couldn't hold a pen. Girly button allowed me to carry on driving in comfort and safety and allowed me to carry on working.

I'm pretty sure the steering was lighter across all speeds.

Last edited:
Back