2.jpg

2)
4.jpg

3)
6.jpg

ending up with
7.jpg

new idea

sleve over the bottom of the gear knob and the top of the plastic slider on a cinq to get a non standard cinq gear knob on!!!

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

Well it's better than my pulling the reverse cable by pinching the gaitor trick of getting reverse ;)

Black '95 Cinquecento Sporting: K&N, Eon2's, Abarth style spoiler with brake light, Sony MD Head unit, Sony 6x9s, Kenwood 10cm & a stupidly loud 12" Pioneer Sub where spare wheel should be ;-)

its easy to change them - just need to search on here for ideas eg: my sleeving method
buying a pull-up reverse
getting an expensive (crappy) gear knob with a larger hole on it

or fink of a new way 2 do it

cheers

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

argh - intimidating!?!?!?!?!?!?!
you and your ABARTH kits are intimidating - There everywhere!!!!
(pure jelousy)

can i get an abarth kit to fit on a std cinq sporting?

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

yes you can ;)

lol and there arnt abarths everywhere ;) they're rare, had to do a 3+hr drive to get this one :p

looks intimidating because i have no clue where to even start thinking of looking to change the gear knob :p plus if i mess it up i got no car till i fix it :p

Abarth Kitted Cinq Sporting, New lil siggy pic coming soon, till then.... not much really lol

atm that picture is a photo shop production of mine
but
i want 2 start the meshing next week - so ill tell you on a scale of 1-10 how hard it was

cheers

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

so whats been done here (am i right in thinking..);

1) std setup
4) gearstick plus gearknob with some kinda attachment inbetween which the gearknob will screw into? :)I gets more and more dodgy)

Abarth Kitted Cinq Sporting, New lil siggy pic coming soon, till then.... not much really lol

Originally posted by GhostWKD
so whats been done here (am i right in thinking..);

1) std setup
4) gearstick plus gearknob with some kinda attachment inbetween which the gearknob will screw into? :)I gets more and more dodgy)

1) took off plastic slider on cinq gear stick
2) measured siz of tube and bottom of new gear knob (22mm on both)
3) got a tube with 21.5mm inside to tighly fit on the top of the gear slider and bottom of new gear knob

not dodgy my man
as the cinq metal gear shaft will slide up and down the inside of the new gear knob, so there is no pressure on the sleeve

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

Mase,meshing that top it would be very effing hard.not impossible....

The top mounts for the bumper are behind that. Would need careful work with a hot knife

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
1242cc Engine in car, not starting, boot delock soon, K+N still in garage!

Hard?
naaaaaa
if you put your mind to it it would be a piece of p155

eg: remove bumper, CUT off the black strip where bonnet release is, make small metal brackets to go each side and rivet the mesh to that!!

anyway!
Gear stick is finished
cinquecento_finished_gear_stick_002.jpg

cinquecento_finished_gear_stick_003.jpg

cinquecento_finished_gear_stick_001.jpg

Thanks

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg

no it doesnt

on the cinq there is a plastic slider that goes down the gear shifter

BiG_DaVE_Cinq_Sport
fiatforumsignature.jpg