General Rear bushes - are they available?

Currently reading:
General Rear bushes - are they available?

The bushes on my rear shocks (the rubber washers, I'm told they're the bushes) have perished and are causing a knocking. Tried to get them with no avail, been told they only come with new rear shocks at £65 the pair, which I don't really want as the shocks are fine.

I've been told I should get pollyeurothane rubber bushes.

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks. Jon.

Yes, so long as they are a tight fit. Thats what i used 6 years ago to get through mot and they are still on. But then again i like making things. Some folk dont.

Yes, so long as they are a tight fit. Thats what i used 6 years ago to get through mot and they are still on. But then again i like making things. Some folk dont.

I don't mind making things, it just the lack of time unfortunatly. Thats what a full time college course, and working does :).

See the Eper.

Resiliant bush 814677

Rgds.

I think I've been on the 'Eper', is that the parts thing linked to this website?

Is the above code a Fiat code (am I able to go to Fiat and say I want these please)?

Many thanks, Jon.

Yes it is the Fiat code.

Yes you can go to Fiat and say " I want these please "

You might like to go to your nearest Fiat dealer, tell them what you want and let them find the part number. If it is the same as the one I have given you then OK but Do not order blind, check the current price and be sure you are happy with it.

Rgds.

£15 for eight rubber bushes ?

When I first bought some in 99, they were 36p each.
In Sept 2001 they were 51p each.
Now £1.87 each ?

Eper says £1.45 each + VAT of 25p = £1.70 each.
£1.70 x 8 = £13.60

Thats what I call a good mark up !
Rgds.

Doubt that you will find much difference between dealers but would advise you to make more use of the Eper.

This is so that when you go to the dealer, you already know what you want, its availability, roughly how much it should cost and it prevents them from fobbing you off with the old " The dun't do bits fu dem fings no more! " routine.
Rgds.

Back