Styling lowering

Currently reading:
Styling lowering

hi im just wondering what would be the best springs to use to lower the grande as ive got my new alloys fitted last week. The alloys are 215/35/18 with a offset of et43
Any advice will be appreciated(y)

Seeing as you have gone for a 35 profile on an 18 the overall size of the wheel will be slightly smaller than a 45 profile on a 17 so you will be fine lowering it similarly to others on here. From what i gather the Eibachs seem pretty good, havent looked into too much myself though.

Rich

Anything more than a 40mm drop and you'll need more than just springs.

Eibach are the raved springs, me and another guy on here Mark have Pi-Springs, he hates his but I find mine are fine (see sig)

Anything more than a 40mm drop and you'll need more than just springs.

Eibach are the raved springs, me and another guy on here Mark have Pi-Springs, he hates his but I find mine are fine (see sig)

Hehe, i dont HATE them, i just wish i'd have got me some of the Eibachs.

Anyway, 40mm drop should look ok. If you have a look at the Merkur GP's they are on the same size tyres as yours and they have a 70mm drop and im assuming drive ok. As said though, for more than a 40mm drop you will be looking at coilovers.

i dont know if i really want to go to low because of the amount of speed bumps there are round here, i just want to have a not so big gap between the wheel and arch.

eibachs then :)

go low, and ride comfort is still pretty good, i only scrape on humps if i fly over them :eek:

or splitter scrapes on front drops

i dont know if i really want to go to low because of the amount of speed bumps there are round here, i just want to have a not so big gap between the wheel and arch.

40mm is the springs you want then, its not a massive drop but it is noticable and is cheaper than shocks or coilovers (y)

If i were to lower my GP 30mm wot sorta springs should I get? Will these springs will already be stiffened and so on? I dont really know much about suspension. Will it pass it MoT when it comes around? Cheers lads(y)

If i were to lower my GP 30mm wot sorta springs should I get? Will these springs will already be stiffened and so on? I dont really know much about suspension. Will it pass it MoT when it comes around? Cheers lads(y)

If your driving a Sporting then a 30mm drop is pointless because its already 20mm lower than the other models in the range so your only getting an extra 10mm which is neither here nor there, especially for the money.

Rich

My model is the 1.4 8V Active Sport. Does that mean it is still lowered mate? Cheers for the reply Im just not that knowledgeable wen it comes to suspension

No as far as im aware yours is standard. I think 40mm is a good drop anyway to be honest. Get yourself some Eibach springs and go for that, from what people say the ride is reasonable and it looks much better for it. Check out GrandeJ's post.

Rich

Back