General Bad news for diesel drivers.

Currently reading:
General Bad news for diesel drivers.

O NO! And I have to move home in April. Was hoping at least to have the car in place before then!

Well at least they discovered what was wrong BEFORE giving them out to customers!

Thanks for this article ensonricky, has anyone out there taken delivery of a 1.3 yet? n500shop had any problems? Has this affected the continental diesels out there already etc?

Might have to change to a 1.2 now.... shame couldn't wait to see 60+on my mpg readout:cry:

so is this good news for petrol drivers :idea:. can they expect their cars anytime sooner do you think????

before they sold them? too late isn't it? doh!:bang:

doubt it will help the petrol as they probably don't have capacity to react quickly for more petrol parts.

Can't imagine it will be for long...

doubt it will help the petrol as they probably don't have capacity to react quickly for more petrol parts.
damn! cancel the diesels then! cancel the 1.4! fiat need to focus on making the pure and white 1.2 with a few extras like climate control and tan leather seats, chuck on 16" multispokes and all will be fine.

damn! cancel the diesels then! cancel the 1.4! fiat need to focus on making the pure and white 1.2 with a few extras like climate control and tan leather seats, chuck on 16" multispokes and all will be fine.

I'm sure i've seen that spec somewhere before.;)

Not too hard to cancel. ;)
However it might be that yours is already built as I'm sure this is the halting of building not stopping those that have already been made.

I'll call up the dealer tomorrow. Trouble is Fiat salesmen/women don't have a very reliable reputation. I wonder if there is any way of me finding out myself if the car is already made. Only put in an order a week ago though :( Also it doesn't fill me with confidence knowing that there is a problem with the diesel units.

Last edited:
I'll call up the dealer tomorrow. Trouble is Fiat salesmen/women don't have a very reliable reputation. I wonder if there is any way of me finding out myself if the car is already made. Only put in an order a week ago though :(

It's not just reputation. We are actually all crap. ;)
No way you can find out, only the admin at your dealer has the access needed.

Doblo van, 14 months old, 87,000 miles with remapped ECU - not a single problem
500 1.3, same engine, 7,750 miles of HARD testing, god knows how many 0-80 sprints, top speed testing, long runs, demo drives, hours on the dyno.... not missed a single beat
God knows how many 1.3 multijet customers we have had, again never heard ofa single problem.

Must be a new supplier brought in to meet demand. It will be resolved very quickly I would imagine.

Not good! I'm waiting on an MJ panda. :cry: Poo!!! How difficult is it to cancel an order at a dealers?
Don't forget we have access to so much more information now with the 'net and forums like these. In the past these things would have happened and the customer would never have known (and in many cases the dealer not either!).

Type into google "bmw recall fire" and see how many hits you get. This is an example from the first page:

All new Minis are being recalled to BMW's Oxford factory because of a design fault that could cause an explosion when the cars are being filled with fuel

Recalls and production rescheduling are all too common, but we generally only get to hear about the recalls as a customer. Except for the new breed of internet savvy customers who now know everything the moment it gets released into the public domain!

Personally I would give it a little time to understand if it will take days, weeks or months to find a solution and get production on track again. I don't enough about the process to know if they can simply make more petrols now and switch to diesels when the fix is implemented to minimise impact on delay.

Cheers
Baldrick

Oh Poo, I hope mine hasnt been made yet then, rather have a properly sorted one than one that will go pop soon! I expect Fiat have changed suppliers for a component, in order to save money... and this has backfired.
Oh well, just a bit longer to wait then... Im a patient fella:)

Originally Posted by The Beast
It's not just reputation. We are actually all crap. ;)

We are.

Some of us are really lucky and are born crap, whereas others have to go on lots of courses and work really hard just to become crap.

:rolleyes:

Good to see the sense of humour is still in good tune though.:)

Back