Technical Weird noises coming from the engine!

Currently reading:
Technical Weird noises coming from the engine!

Vertigokitten

I just bought a P reg mk1 punto from my sister its been in the family for 4 years with no problems. As soon as i got it i found out i had to replace the front drivers side strut which was fine and i bought a new battery. Now the back struts sound like they have gone.

Yesterday it was frosty and i was idle in a traffic jam. I kept hearing a noise that sounded like someones exhaust had fallen off and was dragging along the ground i didn't think it was my engine but then steam was coming up around my bonet but this could have been because it was cold, another car pulled over so i thought it was their car that was in trouble. Last night i left my engine running to warm it up when i came back i could hear the noise again and it was getting louder and louder it sounds like something is grinding i opened up my bonet and the cap to my radiator water is missing but i doubt that would make my car make such a horrible noise... i drove it home which wasn't far but it kept making the noise all the way there >.< anyone experienced this before with their punto or any other car? please help!:cry:i dont want my car to die i love my little punto!!!!

well the steam could be because your rad cap is missing and the water being pushed out onto manifold :p

and the rattle could be your exhaust mine done it for a few days because the silencer in the center section had colapsed just reach under and hit it a dunt you will here it rattle if this is the cause :)

I just bought a P reg mk1 punto from my sister its been in the family for 4 years with no problems. As soon as i got it i found out i had to replace the front drivers side strut which was fine and i bought a new battery. Now the back struts sound like they have gone.

Yesterday it was frosty and i was idle in a traffic jam. I kept hearing a noise that sounded like someones exhaust had fallen off and was dragging along the ground i didn't think it was my engine but then steam was coming up around my bonet but this could have been because it was cold, another car pulled over so i thought it was their car that was in trouble. Last night i left my engine running to warm it up when i came back i could hear the noise again and it was getting louder and louder it sounds like something is grinding i opened up my bonet and the cap to my radiator water is missing but i doubt that would make my car make such a horrible noise... i drove it home which wasn't far but it kept making the noise all the way there >.< anyone experienced this before with their punto or any other car? please help!:cry:i dont want my car to die i love my little punto!!!!

Whats the noise?
Where from?
How loud?

The noise was like a grinding from the engine it was getting extremely loud i could hear it over my radio and air con :S i haven't heard it since i got a rad cap so im not sure if its fixed or not i know im gonna be in traffic this morning and its frosty again

i went and bought a new rad cap... it seems alot better my dad put anitfreeze in the radiator too... put more oil in the car cause it was a little low... it seems ok now but i haven't sat in too much traffic in freezing weather :p thanks for that tho :D might try the exhaust thing cause i keep hearing something from the back when i go over bumps in the road

it wont be what i was talking bout if it only does it going over bumps, mine did it constant even more when i put my foot down (after the misfires calm down :p ) but it could be your backbox, or like mines the bushes on your rear suspension :D

Back