General Evo V

Currently reading:
General Evo V

Panda_Boy

I was just out and about driving alone when i pulled up at some lights..then next to me an evo pulled up started to rev his engine so i thought ' this should be quite funny' so we both floored it and i won:)..............he missed second i couldnt beat him out right in a 900cc but i did beat a beemer cause my car can handle better round the corners. then just to take the **** some little 205 and 106 tried to race. I just laffed and left them in my mirrors. One down point to the night was i pulled up at some lights and theres lights about 2 car lengths ahead and i thought they were connected being so close but they werent and i went through a red[xx(] so now im waiting for a letter

laters rich

A BMW isn't called the "ultimate driving machine" for nothing, it's RWD, it handles better than almost any Fiat unfortunately. No panda, and i mean NO panda (unless with a huge engine conversion) can beat an Evo 5 (check the specs, he could beat you up to 60 starting in 3rd...)

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

Incase you havent noticed its how you drive your car. the bloke in the BMW couldnt handle the speed of his car, and the bloke in the evo probly doesnt know how to drive it. i'll give you a race if you want mate in my 900cc and make u look like your on a moped.

It sounds like a guy in a modified M5 once saying he could beat my 300ZX with out even trying, he lost big time(it runs 10sec 1/4 miles on pump gas/street tires:D)

bit off topic but its true that its not what you drive etc. I did some drag racing run what you brung type stuff on my motor bike (at the time a bandit 600) its not a fast bike but i beat all the faster bikes at the start and most of the way up the strip. It was only when horsepower / drag came into it that the faster bikes came past i guess a naked bike and 70bhp is not that fast[xx(] good thing i now have a 134bhp sports bike!!![}:)]

I think the "it's how you drive" only refers to cars/bikes of similar ability....

Just amazed that a guy with 1 years or so driving experience thinks he's the world's best driver and can make me look like a moped in a 900cc Panda....!

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Pandas do seem to have a particularly good 'off the mark' speed.. i've burnt off a few cars including novas, punto's, ka's and the 1L vw's and basically any big 4x4.. but they soon lose it once they hit around 50. I've just fitted 14" and its not quite so fast now but still nice off the mark.

tax.gif

Because every fox needs one!

I would totally agree with that, many of the Fiat small cars are like that, cinq, uno, panda, sei, simply because of their gearing.

----------
ff_banner.jpg

I thought we had mentioned this somewhere in LL - a lot of small engineed cars may get the initial jump off the lights!

But I know I would prefer an Evo or Beamer to a Panda 900cc - it is all down to the driver, depends if they really can handle it or not.

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

Originally posted by Jaff_Fox
"But I know I would prefer an Evo or Beamer to a Panda 900cc"

So why are you posting in the panda forum then? :p
Where should I start? [}:)] You saying that when you have the finances later in life, you will always go for a small engineed car and not something more powerful - hmmm, lol. I am just making a statement of fact that I prefer and can afford more powerful, more fun cars :)

your sub 10 seconds 0-60 2.2 JTD (tuned) "minibus" obviously hasn't a chance against a 15 seconds 0-60 900cc Panda though Stu, sorry ;)

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Where should I start? You saying that when you have the finances later in life, you will always go for a small engineed car and not something more powerful - hmmm, lol.

Plenty of people spend their retirement lump sums on small cars - and the rest on holidays and the children. Sensible people go for a car that matches their lifestyle - even if you have the money for a saloon, it doesn't follow that you buy one.

As ever personal preference is a factor - you can spend your money how you like.

Fix It Again Tony!
Would swap for X19, Montecarlo Spider or GT.i.e in average/poor condition! Scottish based would be nice.

Not many who could afford to drive a Porsche would drive around in a metro...(excluding retired people)

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Apparently that is lots of fun. My mate was doing that in a Panda 4x4, until they hit a concrete obstruction and popped the propshaft out of the diff!! That stopped their fun a bit quickly, permagrins stay though:D

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
1242cc Engine in car, not starting, boot delock soon, K+N still in garage!

Originally posted by Martiny10
Where should I start? You saying that when you have the finances later in life, you will always go for a small engineed car and not something more powerful - hmmm, lol.

Plenty of people spend their retirement lump sums on small cars - and the rest on holidays and the children. Sensible people go for a car that matches their lifestyle - even if you have the money for a saloon, it doesn't follow that you buy one.

Fair enough, but I am not talking about old biddies using retirement money to buy Rover metros.

From age of 17, I had a 954cc Pug 205, great fun - but I didn't think "wow, this is great, my aspirations will stop now". Your next car generally tends to be bigger and better as you get more money, or a job - I migrated to a 1.4 Clio, then onto my 2.0Mondeo, together with a 2.2JTD Ulysse. I never dream of going back to my youth in a 954cc Pug [hunk of junk].

I was lucky coz I came into money at a relatively young age, plus on a modest salary now - I chose to have faster, powerful cars because that is my lifestyle :)

I think the Panda 4x4 is a great car; but personally I have the means to chose otherwise.

I own a 300ZX twin turbo and a Opel Calibra 2.0turbo 4x4(AWD) along with 2 pandas and i still think the pandas have their share of fun:), just look at their mileage now if only i could get that in the Nissan[}:)].

Back