General Traction Control...

Currently reading:
General Traction Control...

rosco72

Hi all,

Leaving traction control on on my HGT...does this affect the performance at all of the car...I mean is there any less power getting to the front wheels compared to if I switched it off??

Cheers
Ross

only if the wheels are spinning, it will back off the power going to those wheels. If not spinning it wonthave any affect

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK
sdfdfggd.jpg
fggdgfrdde.jpg
fgfdgdfgfgd.jpg

David

So what is the point of having an off/on button for traction control....i can understand it with a rear-wheel drive car....but not on a front wheeler....hmmm Might as well leave it on [8)]

its for when your flooring it round a race track 60degree bends at 90mph your gonna slide the wheels and that just stops too much power going to the wheels so you maintain grip its a p***y options tbh unless your driving a Ferrari enzo the thought of no traction control on that makes me scared :p

newsig.jpg

My Sportings got some kind of traction control (ABH or something). It's awful!

If I'm going out for a "spirited drive" I turn it off before I leave...There's just no feeling if you leave it on.

You hammer the car round a corner, the car starts to drift and then loses power because of the damn system [}:)]

If only there was a way of permanently disabling it without affecting any other of the cars systems?...:D

Mk2.5 Sporting in Broom Yellow...
Hated it when I picked it up, love it now!

Well I tried that today on a country road and I could smell burning rubber ;-) ...nearly ran over a cow right enough B)

On another subject..my mate has just bought a MArea 20V...R reg so I think its the 147BHP...how will my Punt HGT compare next to it when accelerating...and out of interest..against a Bravo 155??

Well I'm gonna soon find out cos we will be having a 'friendly race' on my private race track this weekend :p

The engine in that marea being a 5 cylinder does sound so much better than mine....why didnt Fiat put the 5 pot into the punto HGT as well :(

I've got a broom yellow 2002 HGT and the traction control works like an opposite ABS system i.e. when it senses a wheel spinning it applies the brake to that wheel only, this makes a horrible vibrating grinding noise.
It operates after about a second of the wheel spinning and switches off over 30 mph, it will also switch itself off when it gets hot so that it saves itself for braking.

I think its main use is for snow/icy conditions, that's why you have an 'off' option so that you can try and gain traction with the wheel spinning.

Broom Yellow 2002 HGT

leaving the traction on does have an effect on the top of the rev range we have found it affects top end performance this is more noticable when doing 1/4 mile strip runs

as for HGT against merea if you loose you need to do a driving course

www.puntomk2.co.uk

Finally got to compare my HGT to my mates Marea 20V :D

Very impressed by the way I was pulling way ahead....by 50 I was a good 4 car lengths ahead and pulling away fast. Competition was well over by 80...I'm impressed by this little Punto I have.

I must admit I thought the 2.0 20v powerplant of the Marea would have seen me off after about 40mph but I just kept pulling away.

Don`t forget mate....at end of the day, it`s the power to weight ratio that counts!;)

Having said that though....I think the Marea 20v would have you top end with a long enough stretch of road....

Marco

The Future Is Bright....The Future is Yellow!

Mysig4smaller.jpg

Back