Technical Pressure sensor???

Currently reading:
Technical Pressure sensor???

T140

Car just failed its MOT(2000 punto 1.2 8v)due to high CO on emissions test.Apparently the computer had codes for pressure sensor(whats that?) & evap valve(whats that?).
All sounds very expensive but told the lambda sensor wasnt working but thats not the fault as was changed,and the engine light is not on,any ideas? Thanks

thats apsolute pressure sensor, detects engine manifold depression and the evap valve is a valve that evacuates the carbon canister.
if you've ever done a cat test on a mk2 punto you will know their a pain in the ass too pass the fast idle test because the engine wont maintain a steady speed without any load, lots fail mots on high co because of this.

-=[uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!]=-
-=[fiat tech for what it's worth.]=-

Thank you for the reply,apsolute pressure sensor thats under the air cleaner just to the right of the injection(throttle body)unit?
Failed with 6% CO apparently?

My Mot Tester said it wouldnt maintain a contant Fast idle speed so he just ignored it as it passed the normal IDLE and every other test:)

newsig.jpg

It failed the idle test(high CO),apparently the lambda sensor and the combined temp/air pressure sensor was changed but still the same.Also the computer(examiner)cannot clear the pressure sensor fault as it keeps coming up as soon as the ignition is switched on:(Also the EVAP sensor keeps coming up as faulty as well?

For some reason 'ECU' kept going through the back of my mind so I tool it off & sure enough green corrosion on 2 of the pins.New ECU & all concerns solved,thanks all who helped;)

[:0] really, ecu corrosion.
thats well worth knowing for the future, thanks.

-=[uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!]=-
-=[fiat tech for what it's worth.]=-

Yep Kebab,bottom left hand pin on connector A was all green/corroded,never saw it until I took ECU off to inspect it,water was obviously sitting in there for sometime but was dry when I looked at it.Seems alot of puntos have ECU faults even though they often record coil fault codes!

Back