General will sporting alloys fit a standard cinq?

Currently reading:
General will sporting alloys fit a standard cinq?

silvesterBmouth

hi there guys,

new to the forum and just purchased a standard cinq soleil, wanted to know if i buy a set of the sporting alloys (seen a set on ebay) will these bolt straight on my cinq as standard or are they different bolts?

hi i wont to put it on sporting alloys on my cinq sx.

what are OE 3mm spacers and why will i need them??

thanks danny t

They will fit without them (I think) but they improve handling (more on that later). The spacers are little disks placed between the hub and wheel stamped out of 3mm steel. Imagine a big, flat polo mint with holes punched in for the wheel bolts. Very cheap. Essentially the turn in is improved by having wider track at the front.

You really should take the rest of the suspension to Sporting spec: lower it and fit a front anti roll bar. That way you'll be able to take full advantage of the wheels.

OE = original equipment, i.e, fiat part, it isnt some aftermaket company initials

Last edited:
The Sporting doesn't have any wheel spacers.

The Sporting alloy is 5.5" wide (vs normal 4.5") and has 165/55x13" tyres.. There's plenty of room in the wheel arch/suspension for these on any Cinq'.

You will probably need longer bolts though as the alloys have less recessed bolt holes. New bolts (remember to ask for "Sporting" bolts - part number 13228225) are about £30 a set from your friendly dealer.

Ralf S.

Last edited:
The Sporting doesn't have any wheel spacers.

You're sure about that? ;)

One point to note, Fiat recommend lowering a 899 if you fit wider wheels to prevent 'elking'.

wheels spacers is there to correct the offset ... cinq is ET27.5 and the wheels are ET30.5 so it comes standard with 3mm spacers ..

I'll seen a few cinq sporting in the scrappy and all got the 3mm spacers :)

New bolts (remember to ask for "Sporting" bolts - part number 13228225) are about £30 a set from your friendly dealer.
Ralf S.

Hello,

sorry to bring up this old thread, but does anybody know the length of these sporting bolts? I want to use them on a different car, but I haven't found anybody who could tell me the lenght of these bolts.

Thanks,

Stijn

Hello,

sorry to bring up this old thread, but does anybody know the length of these sporting bolts? I want to use them on a different car, but I haven't found anybody who could tell me the lenght of these bolts.

Thanks,

Stijn

Knowing the length of the bolts won't really help on a different car. Ideally the length is depth of hub + depth of spacer + thickness of wheel. Easiest way, fit studs!

Back