General Spacesaver wheel

Currently reading:
General Spacesaver wheel

Having just had a quick browse through fiat UK website forum, i saw some bits about the spacesaver wheel, have any of you guys got one as standard including the sport version, apparently it should be standard across the range since August 2007:eek:.

Looks like the space saver wheel should be available then... since Aug 2007

Extract from Fiat's mail to customer;
Sent: 31 January 2008 15:37
Subject: Re: Bravo Tjet 150 Sport - Space-saver spare wheel. (Ref: 33\354983)

Thank you for contacting the Fiat Information Centre. Regarding your enquiry the space saver wheel is standard across all the different models of the Bravo. This was implemented in August 2007.

Mine is an August 07 Bravo - I have no spare wheel!

I have tried contacting fiat a while ago and they will not have it, they just keep saying ative and dynamic versions only will have the space saver wheel.
They went as far to say that what was replied to on the official fiat forum by fiat is incorrect:bang:

the fix and go kit is going to be of use if the tyre shreds i said to them, of which they just went silent on me:(

An update for you, someone else has posted on the fiat UK site saying that fiat made a mistake and if the tyre is unrepairable at the time should it shred, then use the AA !!

Last edited:
The July 07 brochure (which is still the current edition) says the space saver is for the Bravo (basic), Active and Dynamic models only from August.

At least owners of the Active Sport and Sport models will have extra room to transport a very large birthday cake for someone! :p

I was told this when I bought mine in August - however my car is a June build so it's got the Fix&Go kit.

Whilst I understand the concern, realistically how many times do you use the spare? I must admit, I used it on the first day I drove a car :)D) but never since, and I reckon I've clocked up some miles in my 5yrs of driving.

When I ordered my Sport in November, I asked for a spare wheel and jack to be included
As I dont like the Fix & Go, Makes a mess of your wheel.
My car has a spare wheel, all be it a space saver,
But thats better than nothing (y)

When I ordered my Sport in November, I asked for a spare wheel and jack to be included
As I dont like the Fix & Go, Makes a mess of your wheel.
My car has a spare wheel, all be it a space saver,
But thats better than nothing (y)

Hi Andy,
So they didn't tell you that you cannot have the spacesaver wheel as it cannot go on the sport?
I am going to try my best to get the wheel as i think the fix and go is pointless if the tyre does more than just deflate, i know that it might not ever do more than that but i don't want to take the chance and think it wouldn't happen to me, my luck is crap, so thinking that would be very unwise.
Does anyone know why it supposedly isn't compatible to go on the sport ?

Could it be a rolling diameter issue? The brochure I have indicates you can't have a spacesaver on Active sport / Sport - which both come with 17's as standard. Maybe there is a slight difference in rolling diameter between these wheels and the 15's / 16's, which you can have a space saver with (allegedly!)

When I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, one of the items on the order on the dealers computer was the space saver spare wheel. I've not had to pay for that and I've ordered a Bravo Sport.

Well here's hoping I get one too! There's no mention on the invoice I have, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Question is, if the car doesn't come with a spacesaver, is it worth buying one? ePER seems to show it costing £162.78 (presumably with the tyre).

The other way of solving the problem would be to pop a full sized 17" alloy in the wheel well (as I'll have 4 spare), but I doubt that would fit?

When I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, one of the items on the order on the dealers computer was the space saver spare wheel. I've not had to pay for that and I've ordered a Bravo Sport.

For some reason fiat keep insisting it wont go on the sport:bang:
Its probably not worth going any further with fiat over this i suppose, as i would have to pay for the thing anyway which i cant afford do at the mo.

On page 222 of the handbook it lists a space saver spare wheel,
size 7j x 16 ET31 for cars with 15", 16", 17" and 18" wheels?
If you look at the tyre profiles for all of the specs listed, you'll see that,
15" wheels have a 65 profile tyre, 16"s have a 55, 17"s have a 45
and 18"s have a 40 profile tyre,
If Im not mistaken this means the rolling radius of all of the combinations
should be about the same.

Guess who nearly needed a spare wheel today!

had a slow puncture for last few days and took it to get repaired. Went to take the wheel off and they guys says "Locking nut?"

Oh oh... eventually found it in the under-passenger seat box. Logical place to keep the wheel nut :rolleyes:

On page 222 of the handbook it lists a space saver spare wheel,
size 7j x 16 ET31 for cars with 15", 16", 17" and 18" wheels?
If you look at the tyre profiles for all of the specs listed, you'll see that,
15" wheels have a 65 profile tyre, 16"s have a 55, 17"s have a 45
and 18"s have a 40 profile tyre,
If Im not mistaken this means the rolling radius of all of the combinations
should be about the same.

Hmm do you think its worth taking the matter up at the main dealer where i got the car, the only thing is because my Bravo was pre august it didn't have the spacesaver wheel and that is where one argument may start.
They should all have a spare wheel i think, and should in my opinion offer to swap the fix and go for the wheel, that would be the ideal way but I'm sure i will be told sorry it wont go on the sport as fiat keep on saying, and wont even get the option.

Ok here is the official info from fiat at last.
For us that have the pre October/Nov, then we have to pay out, bloody cheek:mad:
In my opinion they should offer it as an update !

The space saver wheel was added to the Bravo Sport versions from Oct/Nov production as standard.
For all previous production, if you wish to add a space saver wheel please contact your local dealer - Aftersales department - who will assist you in buying the space saver wheel kit for the Bravo Sport (if bootspace permits).
These are the relevant part numbers:
Space saver 51764507
Jack 46522290
Jack handle 7780168
Wheel brace 4533431
Jack container 46796529
We hope this information is useful
Regards
Fiat Marketing

What sort of space saver is it? Is it one of those really skinny cookie cutter type space savers or just a smaller (like 15" or 16") steel spare?

Troy.

Really skinny - the manual states it's a 125/90 15 tyre on a 4" rim... Better than a can of goo mind!!!

Well ive just spoken to Fiat.co.uk online and here the transcript:-

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Alan James.
Scott Hardie has entered the session.
Scott Hardie: Please note that chats may be recorded for training and quality assurance purposes.
Scott Hardie: Good morning Philip welcome to Fiat, my name is Scott. I understand that you have a query, how can I help?
Me: Hello, I have just ordered a Bravo 1.4 Sport (150) from Grays garage in Warwick. Could you tell me if these come with a spare wheel?
Scott Hardie: It would not come with a spaceasaver spare wheel, you would be supplied with the fix and go system.
Me: Im led to believe as of Nov they started to be supplied with a spare rarther than the fix and go
Scott Hardie: It did change from August 07, this was on the Active and Dynamic trim levels not on the Sport.
Scott Hardie: Can I ask who has stated differently?
Me: The (Apparant response) was posted on fiat forum as follows:-
Me: The space saver wheel was added to the Bravo Sport versions from Oct/Nov production as standard.
For all previous production, if you wish to add a space saver wheel please contact your local dealer - Aftersales department - who will assist you in buying the space saver wheel kit for the Bravo Sport (if bootspace permits).
These are the relevant part numbers:
Space saver 51764507
Jack 46522290
Jack handle 7780168
Wheel brace 4533431
Scott Hardie: That would not be correct, and not an official release from Fiat.
Me: ok thought as much
Me: thought it best to check before ringing the garage
Me: thankyou
Scott Hardie: Your welcome.

Its about time they make there bloody mind up I'm getting fed up with being told yes and no by fiat about the space saver wheel, i am now waiting for a response from an official from Italy to clarify this matter so when i have the hopefully correct news i will post it up.

Back