Flagship

Currently reading:
Flagship

XIIX

hey guys,
anyone checked out this new flagship dealer fiat has opened in London. i was passing by on Tuesday (just next to selfridges) and they were taking down the posters that have been covering the front windows. someone on the site said it would be opening basically yesterday (Wed 6 Feb).
apparently the idea is we all flock in from all over the country so that we may experience the 'experience' (of fiat). thats right, you better organise yourself a visit!
from what i saw in a tiny gap in the window, it looks really nice, mainly 500s around in all dif colours and funky looking sofas and flat tv screens about the showroom too.
Also anyone have any new news/stories/gosp on the 500 - my 500 addiction must be fed!

Competion leaflets handed out at the London Eye Launch indicated it was opening on 10/2/08. I contacted Fiat UK the other the day and they said it would open on 11/2/08 although not all the exhibits would be available due to some tecnical issues.

Saw 2 cha cha azure ones on the road today , one was parked up so was able to have a look round, it was a lounge with blue/ivory interior!! had the side strips with 500 logo on and chrome mirrors!!!! very envious,hoping to win the euro lottery tomorrow so I can get one !!!!!

Saw 2 cha cha azure ones on the road today , one was parked up so was able to have a look round, it was a lounge with blue/ivory interior!! had the side strips with 500 logo on and chrome mirrors!!!! very envious,hoping to win the euro lottery tomorrow so I can get one !!!!!

Must be those 1.3 diesel Lounges in Cha Cha Cha that most dealers seemed to have sold on the day or soon after the launch so that they could get a sale, never mind those future customers who would have liked a test-drive in the diesel and not the 1.4 Sport :bang::p

Last edited:
so i finally fulfilled my life long ambition of entering fiats flagship store.
there were three 500s in the showroom - couple red sports and white lounge - just as in any other dealer.
there was only one saleslady around at the time so after waiting around a bit i got a chance to speak with her. i wanted to find out if they had any cars with leather so i could see what it would look like when i get my car. she seemed very confused on the topic of leather (and strangely about most things) so found me to another saleman who appeared from one of the back rooms.
when i asked him about leather he said they DID NOT have any cars with leather and i should come back another time - not too helpful.
anywayssss, as i left and spotted a couple of white 500s that belonged to the dealer behind the showroom and low and behold one has red leather!
All of a sudden (yes very dramatic) the salemans turn up behind the showroom where the cars and i were to light up a cig. he sees me, i showed him the leather and his face dropped.
i thought the flagship store was supposed to be a good fun experience.
im not a happy bunny! sitting in a 500 again today was great however.

he he...nice one..what did he say after his face melted? he he..

I drove past it the other day and to be honest it seems to me to be in the wrong place (although it could be due to planning ie whether another site is allowed to be used for motor trade - Mercedes having been the previous tenant here)

As I said a few weeks ago I still think the flagship / satellite stores should be nearer Bond St the City & Canary Wharf to catch the more monied types for whom chucking ten grand at something on a whim is less of a problem

The Fiat 500 showroom is open and it's looking great. Fiat design style as always. I was recently passing by and snapped a few photos. You can see them over on my blog at pixelres.com

fiat-2.jpg

Re: Hopeless Flagship

Just driven past

Not only is it in the wrong place but now they've half filled it with non-500's

Bonkers !

Can you buy STUFF though? Like,. merchandise?? Like toys for your 500??? I was thinkig of going next time I have to go to London for work, but maybe it wiill be a big dissapointment...

Thought I'd post on here. Went to the flagship store on Tuesday and thought it was alright. They don't really sell merchandise apart from a couple of ****ty models but does anyone really expect them to? This is what your local parts department are for.

They had lots of 500's including an Abarth and a 500c as well as a Panda 100hp but no Bravo which I thought a bit weird. There was a Grande Punto Abarth there as well which was nice.

I think people need to realise that it's a flagship store and flagship stores aren't about selling iPod holders and mats etc etc. Being in central London the rent on that place is going to be sky high and I think you know what they'd do if faced with the choice of having another car in the showroom that could convince people to buy a whole car OR set aside some warehouse space so people can buy a set of ket covers and some Selenia 5w40 for their 500.

I was a little underwhelmed with the tinyness of it to be honest but I think it does the job well enough :)

Only reason I expected there to be merchandise is I read that there was! On the web site I believe. It says (I quote) :
"The fiat flagship store is the only place in the UK where you can buy Fiat-500 inspired designer products like sweatshirts, jackets and elegant leather handbags. Of course you'll also find shelves packed with official Fiat merchandise"
So if I made a trip there to look at the merchandise and buy some, I would be pretty p**d off if they didnt have any!!!

Back