Styling 16'' Alloys

Currently reading:
Styling 16'' Alloys

seadragon

Can someone please tell me if the tyres on the 500's come with rim protectors or not as standard?

I have just spent £120 getting the alloys on my current car re-done before I sell it and will buy some of the tyres for my new car if it doesnt come with them as standard.

PS: What dimensions will the 500 tyres be on the 16'' alloys?

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me if the tyres on the 500's come with rim protectors or not as standard?

I have just spent £120 getting the alloys on my current car re-done before I sell it and will buy some of the tyres for my new car if it doesnt come with them as standard.

PS: What dimensions will the 500 tyres be on the 16'' alloys?

Don't think the standard tyres have rim protectors on the 16" alloys. The tyres are 195/45.

Rim protectors dont work. Makers used to target lady car fans with offers for them - I tried them - waste of money - they dont work - end of.:(

Offsetting the door mirrors slightly always helps avoid the dreaded crunch when reversing.

Got some 7 x 16, 4 x 100pcd aftermarket alloys, does anyone know what size tyres I can put on.

I assume standard ones would be 195/45/R16 but I want to go a bit wider like say 205 or 210 (would these be ok for the 500?)

You'll be able to fit 195/40/R17 tyres on no problem. These are what Nigel has fitted to his 500 over at Nuova 500 Shop. They're a bit more expensive than 205/40/R17s though, but we know for definate that the 195/40/17 don't scrub the arches. I don't think anyone's tried 205 width tyres yet, I'm sure they'll be okay -no scrubbing etc- but I guess it's just one of those things... yer gotta try it! The Abarth is fitted with 205/40/17 tyres, but we don't know yet if they've modified the arches or not.

Back