General Grande on PCP

Currently reading:
General Grande on PCP

davecooper

I have virtually made up my mind to get a 1.3 mj 90 Dynamic on a PCP deal. As you may well know, there is a final payment (the estimated residual value of the car) which you have to settle. This means keeping the car and getting a loan to pay of the balance or selling it to do the same. My intention is to do the latter and then get a new car. My question is about options. What options would help the car sell in 3 years time and which would be money lost. I am considering: front fogs, Upgraded ICE with MP3 input, upgraded trim, side rubbing strips, rear parking sensors and metallic paint. However, I could probably do without all of them, so do I just take the basic car or treat myself to a few goodies? Are there any options that I should really consider?

Metallic paint in a popular colour is a must have. It doesnt matter what other options a car might have, if a prospective secondhand buyer doesnt like the colour they will walk past it.

Last edited:
I have virtually made up my mind to get a 1.3 mj 90 Dynamic on a PCP deal. As you may well know, there is a final payment (the estimated residual value of the car) which you have to settle. This means keeping the car and getting a loan to pay of the balance or selling it to do the same. My intention is to do the latter and then get a new car. My question is about options. What options would help the car sell in 3 years time and which would be money lost. I am considering: front fogs, Upgraded ICE with MP3 input, upgraded trim, side rubbing strips, rear parking sensors and metallic paint. However, I could probably do without all of them, so do I just take the basic car or treat myself to a few goodies? Are there any options that I should really consider?

Brand new??? I didnt think they did the 90BHP new anymore? If its second hand, dont bother paying to install anything on it you dont need, as when it comes to resale time, they wont be worth much extra. Ive just struggled to sell a top of the range Focus with everything. What matters will be condition, colour, FSH and mileage in my opinion.

Back