Technical 1.9Multijet Oil Filter Removal

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9Multijet Oil Filter Removal

blebo

What size and type of tool do I need to get the oil filter out on the above engine??

An oil and filter change at a local garage costs around £20 these days, is it worth getting filthy and paying for oil??

Failing that, as said, screwdriver and a hammer has always worked in the past for me.

An oil and filter change at a local garage costs around £20 these days, is it worth getting filthy and paying for oil??

Failing that, as said, screwdriver and a hammer has always worked in the past for me.

You wont get the correct oil and filter for £20! :eek::nono:

And from a dealer the Selenia oil is £9 a litre... but hey we are in danger of ........................... R E P O S T! :eek:

its £75 for the said filter.got it changed at 36k service(n)

And from a dealer the Selenia oil is £9 a litre... but hey we are in danger of ........................... R E P O S T! :eek:

Why buy Selinia @ £9/litre? An oil filter from any reputable Motor Factor will be about £6.00. 4 litres of quality oil (Mobil 1 etc) will be £38.00 or less. No garage or franchise can do an oil change this year for £20.00, including the filter, oil & 30 minutes labour without giving you £5.99 worth of the worst quality oil from "QD".

What you see for £20.00 is what you pay for. You then eventually end up with a wrecked motor. - 35 years of high performance experience......:bang:

Why buy Selinia @ £9/litre? An oil filter from any reputable Motor Factor will be about £6.00. 4 litres of quality oil (Mobil 1 etc) will be £38.00 or less. No garage or franchise can do an oil change this year for £20.00, including the filter, oil & 30 minutes labour without giving you £5.99 worth of the worst quality oil from "QD".

What you see for £20.00 is what you pay for. You then eventually end up with a wrecked motor. - 35 years of high performance experience......:bang:

Because my car is under warranty and FIAT will play up if I develop a fault in the engine which they can even remotely blame on incorrect oil. This has been done to death on here, maybe I will go for Mobil 1 or similar when the Warranty has expired but until then Selenia it is for me.

Sorry, just talking from past experience when I have had other cars done. I was under the impression an oil filter was an oil filter. Why is this not being done at the service. The intervals are set up so oil and filter change is done at the correct times.

Advancement in oil quality means that some versions (with DPF) only require oil change when the ECU says so.This is all based on distance/start ups etc with degrade the oil faster.

When getting car service if oil degredation is at 22% or less then its worth getting it done then so you dont have to come back in few weeks time.

As ffoxy stated if you do have a warranty issue in relation to oil or oil filter & its found (and believe me this is one of the first things that are checked) you dont have correct oil/filter then your warranty claim will be knocked back straight away.

Last edited:
I am using fiat parts and salena oil 5w 40 all above board.

Being carried out at a VAT regestered garage.

However the filter for thr 1.9 is a paper filter, there is a cover on the engine that gets removed to allow access to the filter.

In order to remove said cap i need an oil filter cap wrench, however these come in various sizes.

I was wondering if anybody knew the size as there isnt much room to get a ruler in there.

I like having a warranty, I know to use fiat parts, i only asked if somebody knew the size and technical name of the wrench required

Back