General caravan towing award

Currently reading:
General caravan towing award

Tiggs

I was reading somewhere that the doblo won some 'caravan towing award' back in 2002.

I would not have thought any car such as a doblo (or berlingo/kangoo), would have been suitable for caravan towing.
Must have been a very small caravan?
Wht do you reckon?

Tiggs

I was reading somewhere that the doblo won some 'caravan towing award' back in 2002.

I would not have thought any car such as a doblo (or berlingo/kangoo), would have been suitable for caravan towing.
Must have been a very small caravan?
Wht do you reckon?

Tiggs
Hi Tiggs we tow with a 1.3 doblo, 70 hp version, caravan weighs approx 800kg tow ok a bit slow on the hills that`s all:)

Have a look on YouTube for a good laugh related to towing with a light car. Just enter "caravan towing a renault 5" :D

We once used Mrs_G's Cargo to tow our caravan when our car was off the road needing some repairs.

The caravan we had at the time had a maximum loaded weight of 1000Kg, the Doblo towed very well. I put this down to it being quite a bit heavier than the caravan, having reasonable power/torque and the very short overhang behind the rear wheels.

Hi
I hope the 120 Multijet can tow according to the book 1300kgs max braked trailer. I have a boat at 900kgs.
Tom

Hello there, I have been towing my caravan for 4 years with doblos , 3 with a 105hp JTD ELX and the last year with my 1.9 Dynamic 120hp all without problems. My caravan weighs 1095 kg and I can still get 30-32 mpg when towing. I recently had to tow my mates bigger caravan for him when his own car was off the road and it weighed in at 1300kg. The car towed it easily and it felt even better than when I was towing my own lighter van

Back