General Testing The 500 Today

Currently reading:
General Testing The 500 Today

NumanR

Established member
Had a test of the 500 1.4 16 valve today, very nice, I am completely hooked on this car and am amazed by how solid she feels. As a dealer we were expecting it to be good but hardly dared to believe it could be as good as we hoped, but of my god is she gorgeous. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I have the diesel tonight for testing to see what shes like so hopefully that will be as good.

Very impressed with the build quality and strength of the car indeed. Will report back tomorrow.

I tell you what you will not be disappointed. The smile per mile meter has gone off the scale, oh my god this car is going to be huge. I parked it outside Sainsburys at 10 minutes to closing time, and because it was dark and I wanted it to be seen I parked near the doors as though I was picking up the missus. To say she was a star is an understatement, first 4 boy racers came and looked at her, then 3 familys and a couple of oaps, all in ten minutes.
Driving wise the car feels much more solid than previous Fiats, much the same as Bravo, it really feels very well screwed together, there were no knocks, bumps or rattles at all, and I am driving this thing on very rough country roads so I was expecting something to occur. The ride is very good, but the car can be unsettled going around corners a little too fast (much too fast really) with large bumps, but that is to be expected. The gearshift is great, very smooth and precise, but sometimes I found myself in the wrong gear, as I am used to a big diesel and the little diesel lacks the low end grunt of the 1.9jtd. When I remembered the engine I was using it was never a problem, the problem was remembering as every few seconds I noticed something new about the interior etc. I love the daylights, please everyone make this a 500 signature item. The sound system is nice and bassy and filled the car with sound. I love the dash and instruments, two criticisms though. She deserves a nicer interior light, and 6x9s wont fit in the parcel shelf lol.

LOL sod that mate. Took the red 16 valve into the city today to show her off, and had the diesel to test out in the country, oh how good it is to be a fiat det sometimes. Danny took the 16 out with me and we are both really impressed with her.

Get him to trade the Panda in, honestly this car is going to be such fun to drive you will pinch yourself. I have a wife, a ten year old daughter, and a very bouncy Springer Spaniel, I own a Stilo, and thats bordering on too small for me, and I found myself trying to justify buying a 500! I have come up with the plan that the wifes Peugeot can go, she can have the Stilo and I can have the 500. Now the wife loves the 500 but I cant make her understand my perfect man logic:D

I am crushing an empty coke can right now lol, go for a test and see if you can talk him into changing.

Back