Technical 'Super' Diesel fuel.

Currently reading:
Technical 'Super' Diesel fuel.

Does anyone make regular use of such and if so what are the perceived advantages please and what are the disadvantages - apart from price! ;)

Thanks..

When BP released 'ultimate' diesel I ran my van for over 1500 miles on it to see if it gave better mpg.

Result: No better mpg. No smoother running.

Previously Mrs_G ran our then car (Mondeo 2.0 si) on Shell Optimax. This consistantly gave 20+ miles extra range before the fuel light came on. This more than compensated for the extra cost.

• Thanks
Reactions: nec
I have used Bp Ultimate constantly for over 18 months and 20000 miles from new in my 1.9 multijet cargo.

Whenever i switched to supermarket (tesco) derv ( emergencies) even shell extra it was noticible after a while how smooth and more oomph not mpg the ultimate gave.

But unfortunately due to the escalating cost Ultimate nw 111p a gallon near us now I have switched to standard bp diesel as have found it suits my van best with a shot of new millers super 4 cetane booster.

Wow ! now been running for 500miles and it raises the cetane level by 4 points and promises all sorts and it really does! far more responsive and higher free reving engine better than ultimate so now it costs me about another 2 p a litre instead of 6p with ultimate and get a better drive.

So my advice use a good quality diesel with a shot of millers and get the best of both worlds for less.:)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: nec
Any derv + millers has been fine for me... Always use the addative... it does make a difference... :D

Back