General Error CLI

Currently reading:
General Error CLI

renken

Hi Guys,

What is Error CLI? It sometimes appear on my display especially when it is cold. Why is it appearing?

i think it refers to a problem with the temperature sensor, does it display the temp on the display when the button is pressed? john

The temperature is not display. It only shows whenever the temperature is low.

Make the following setup:

Temp knob on High.
Distribution knob on MAX DEF.
Ventilation knob on 0.

Turn the key from STOP to MAR

Within 10 sec turn the ventilation knob knob in the following sequence:
"0" - "AUTO" - "0" - "AUTO" - "0"

Let me know the error code that is generated in the mileometer display.
Michael

Hi Guys,

What is Error CLI? It sometimes appear on my display especially when it is cold. Why is it appearing?

The temp sensor in the door mirror needs replacing. Its in the drivers side mirror if you have a UK car.

Last edited:
The temp sensor in the door mirror needs replacing

If the "Error Cli" isn't written permantly in the display try to push
the "temp" button, if "Error Cli" now is displayed constantly until key is turned to "stop", it's the outdoor sensor that fails.
If not, it's more likely another fail that you can dertermine by running the
automatic diagnosis as explained earlier, i have attached a list of possible error codes.

(When the same fail causes the "Error Cli" to be displayed appears 5 times, "Error Cli" will be written permantly in the display and is not reset by turning the key to "stop".)

I hope this will be at any help:)

Michael

Attachments

• ErrorCliFails.JPG
    ErrorCliFails.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 5,739
I also have the problem with error cli. When I push the button to show the tempreture, it works fine. I tried to run the diagnostics as explained earlier and I get the error code 00. I can't find this code in the previous post so I'm wondering what could it be?

I also have the problem with error cli. When I push the button to show the tempreture, it works fine. I tried to run the diagnostics as explained earlier and I get the error code 00. I can't find this code in the previous post so I'm wondering what could it be?

Error Code 00 means that there is no fault. Why do a test if its working?

@JoskeJTD thank you for the very quick answer!
I did the test, because sometimes the "Error cli" message appears on the display (it is not permanent). I noticed that then I don't have heating, cold air starts to blow. I wanted to find out what is the problem, but now since you say that it means that there isn't any fault, I'm puzzled. Why do I get that message then??

Hi All...

I have a Marea Weekend 1.9 diesel TD100 and have got the same "error cli" in the car. have tried the sequence and the error code 34 comes up.

Would you please explain into further detail since I cannot fully understand what it might be from the error code description.

Regards,

Karl. :)

Hi All...

I have a Marea Weekend 1.9 diesel TD100 and have got the same "error cli" in the car. have tried the sequence and the error code 34 comes up.

Would you please explain into further detail since I cannot fully understand what it might be from the error code description.

Regards,

Karl. :)

Check the wiring to you drivers door mirror (UK) and make sure its all connected properly. Error 34 is the external temp sensor, could be faulty, mirror has been replaced with a mirror with no sensor and or a damaged/broken wire connection.

This was very useful information, thanks.
I have found that the wires for the temp sensor on my W reg Bravo 1.8 HLX have been snipped, presumably because the idiot that replaced it got one without a mounting place for the sensor.

It seems mad to replace the whole mirror when all that is required is a thermistor?...??

My air conditioning does not engage at all (on other cars, you can hear a selanoid click and the engine begins to labour a bit) - does the aircon use this sensor to decide if it should allow aircon to work? like do I NEED to replace it to get the aircon working?

I got the same problem, getting error code 34.
the temp stared to show -40 at first, but now it just says cli error.
could it just be a blown fuse? in that case where can i find it.

my car is a fiat marea weekend 1.6 elx 2001

this info is great. Thanks to the tech guys who have helped us all. My JTD just started doing it this week. Cheers.

Back