Learning to drive?

Currently reading:
Learning to drive?

im guessing that it might perhaps be for those who have either passed there theory test between 2004-2007, and not passed there test yet, or it could affect all of us who pased between them :eek:

i think if you have paperwork to back you up it might be fine, but think of all our personal details that are floating around out there (n)

It's not just the risk of identity fraud though - it's the risk of the information being passed onto spam/junk mailers in terms of names and addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Bloody government don't think of this inconvenience to people :mad:

Bloody hell, First my mom,sister and aunt get letters saying there were on the discs that went missing, Now ill be on this list as i passed my theory in oct 2006 :(

Bravo_Sean

name, address and tel number is hardly sensitive data, its nothing you cant find out from google or in the phone book. the only difference is the marketing opportunity this could give to a company that sells something learner drivers want, such as training CD-Roms. you could easily sell that info to such a company for a few quid.

the worst thing that can happen is you get junk mail and telephone marketing. big deal.

Last edited:
name, address and tel number is hardly sensitive data, its nothing you cant find out from google or in the phone book. the only difference is the marketing opportunity this could give to a company that sells something learner drivers want, such as training CD-Roms. you could easily sell that info to such a company for a few quid.

the worst thing that can happen is you get junk mail and telephone marketing. big deal.

thats waht i was thinking, theres not really anything you can't find elsewhere thats been lost.. i can't think of any danger really.

human error, it doesnt matter how good your policies and procedures are, or your training, end of the day the people who do the job often dont care and they can make mistakes (we all can) so things can go wrong. you can spend as much time and money as you like, it doesnt guarantee information security.

in my previous job i was the information security consultant, and in the research i did i found that the data protection act is broken very often and by most companies, but not on purpose, through human error. few of these breaches come to light unless its a big bank or a govt agency, but you can guarantee your data has been compromised many times in the past by other organisations.

end of the day perfect information security is impossible to achieve, you need to accept that these things happen, as long as efforts are been made to avoid problems and protect data then you cant blame people when mistakes happen, its inevitable, but how you deal with it does make a big difference to the outcome and in this case it seems to have been dealt with badly and too late.

Last edited:
First the 2 discs with EVERYTHINK on and now this, Bit to close to each other for my liking, I know it happens but so close to eachother lol ?

Whats next i ask myself........

Bravo_Sean

i realy hate it when people say everythink, its not even a word. :p

this learner driver issue happened 10 months ago in america, it just took a while for us (and mps) to find out about it.

Last edited:
i realy hate it when people say everythink, its not even a word. :p

this learner driver issue happened 10 months ago in america, it just took a while for us (and mps) to find out about it.
Lol, Its a word thats in my little brain, So thats good enough for me :ROFLMAO:

Bravo_Sean

Back