Technical Brake Light Switch Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Light Switch Replacement

$driver$

I have a Fiat Punto 55 1.1S, can you tell me a step by step instruction on how to change the brake light switch?

Example shown post #7 Stilo

Thanks

as per manual.
turn off ignition-
remove panel below steering wheel-
disconnect wiring plug-
turn switch anti-clockwise about half a turn and remove switch.Note position of the spacer and bush-
refitting:
depress brake pedal and hold it in this position-
fit bush and spacer to switch ,insert switch into its mounting bracket and turn clockwise until it clicks back to locating recess-
release brake pedal and allow to rest against switch spacer tab--this ajusts the position of the swith body inside the bush-
now depress the brke pedal again- this has the effect of breaking off the spacer tab and fixes the position of the swith inside the bush-
replce wiring plug and panel
switch on ignition and test brake lights

good luck hope, its what you needed

as per manual.
turn off ignition-
remove panel below steering wheel-
disconnect wiring plug-
turn switch anti-clockwise about half a turn and remove switch.Note position of the spacer and bush-
refitting:
depress brake pedal and hold it in this position-
fit bush and spacer to switch ,insert switch into its mounting bracket and turn clockwise until it clicks back to locating recess-
release brake pedal and allow to rest against switch spacer tab--this ajusts the position of the swith body inside the bush-
now depress the brke pedal again- this has the effect of breaking off the spacer tab and fixes the position of the swith inside the bush-
replce wiring plug and panel
switch on ignition and test brake lights

good luck hope, its what you needed

Thanks. Where can i buy a switch from?

From the list, what is it listed as?; http://www.247spares.co.uk/fiat-Punto

Last edited:
if you type in the address as it is shown it should take you straight to brake light switch
sorry just checked it doesnt, use the drop down list
Fiat
punto
braking
brake switches

Last edited:
They are less than 30 quid from fiat i got one for mine from local dealer for about 23-25 quid, I'm a mechanical idiot and it took me about 30 seconds, with a haynes manual, I dont think you have to remove the panel under the wheel, its visible anyway? Also while your down there check for the split pin that attaches the brake pedal to the brake system...if its gone get a new one quick!

is the switch actualy broken ,,its possible to "reset" the switch ,,simply pull out the plunger all the way,,job done!!

Back