Engine Cleaning (Engine not in car)

Currently reading:
Engine Cleaning (Engine not in car)

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Right Im off to buy me a new engine for the black thing.

I can be fairly sure It will be very gunked up and in need of serious cleaning before it goes in the car.

I have been hunting around the web, and lots of places donrt recommend \steam cleaning or pressure washing the engine bay.(Id say the reasons are fairly obvious)

I have access to a Low Pressure steam gun and a pressure washer. Im not cleaning the engine bay with that- I'll do that by hand! Do yu think that'd be OK for the engine whilst assembled as a complete unit sans gearbox?

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses,Sexy VW styleé dials (that look great, but dont work!! :)D)), 10" Sub and 6x9's, ETech Wing. Lots of Dirt!
1242cc Engine to go in soon, boot delock soon, K+N still in garage!

as the engine will be cold spray on some diluted traffic film remover (TFR available at truck factors) its what they use to clean lorry chassis before the truck 'mot'. (diluted its also good for the engine bay for removing oil and alloy wheels for removing brake dust, dont let it dry on wheels or paintwork as it leaves streaks that have to be polished out)
sorry for the long post i got carried away lol

Back