General turbo conversion?? help

Currently reading:
General turbo conversion?? help

fimmo

i'm considering the van aaken low pressure turbo conversion, my engine has done 90k but it's still tight,no leaks and drives like new coz i've looked after it,all belts, fluids have been changed recently,so i've a good feeling my engine is up to it,

what i want to know is, how easy is it to fit this conversion? what sort of power will i have after it and if anybody has done this conversion, do you think it was worth it?? and how is your engine since fitting it?

cheers for the info!!!;)

fimmoheading2.jpg

wouldnt you consider dropping in the 1200cc and then fit the turbo conversion?even if your engines in good nick its still fairly high miles to run the turbo on. if i was fitting the turbo i would look into the 1200cc + turbo option

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

my cinq is basically just my runaround,it's had all the mods put on it that i want but the only thing lacking is power! i've thought about the engine swap (1242) thats probaly the cheapest option,but at the moment it's all idea's in my head, plus my mr2 is basically finished too so i dont have to worry about getting that modded, it's done now! just need the cinq to pump out some more horse's! and make those saxo owner's shut up!

fimmoheading2.jpg

also,i'm mechanically minded,but just a bit,my pal pete is the man for 'proper' work,it'll be him that fits anything to my car, i am right in saying to swap my engine to 1242 all i need to do is remove my 1108 drop in the 1242 and extend the exhaust section by 10 mm?? everything else just reconnects up?? or is there anything else to think off??

fimmoheading2.jpg

yup and a little trimming of some plastic bits Eg. cam cover.gearbox,ECU etc all stay the same.if i was getting the turbo conversion then i would fit the 1242 in anyway to gain the greatest benifit from the turbo:D

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

I'd think twice at 90k miles really.

The low boost one goes like stink, will run off the clock on 13's. Thing is it could do with extra cooling, i.e oil cooler or big open front bumper. If you've got an abarth front it's gonna be even worse for temps.

1242 is an easy swap, as mentioned above. Not as fast as the turbo but much cheaper and easier to do.

Pete.
1242cc cinq, turbo cinq, Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group, Clubcento

i've got the front bumper off the sei sporting so cooling isnt a problem there is direct cold air to the rad. big opening!!

what about dump valves? on this type of low pressure turbo does that do anything??

fimmoheading2.jpg

you can just about see my front bumper in this pic! 3 very big opening's for lots of cold air!!! i seriously doubt that you could get anymore cold air in there!

normal_cinq3.jpg

fimmoheading2.jpg

For the right price I may be tempted to part with my complete Van Aaken High Boost setup - including the engine and custom exhuast system. It would be just as easy to put in, if not easier because it is complete - and it is a very, very fast engine.
Please get back to me either way??
Cheers,
Matt

"No it's not a custard"
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Plans are a bit f**ked now - Any offers on a Van Aaken Turbo High Boost engine?? ... offers gotta be good tho! FOR SALE - Vibe 10" Active Sub + Gmax Suspension Kit + Brand new Nokia 3100!

Well when you do have the cash let me know - ill probs still have the engine and the kit in the garage.
Matt

"No it's not a custard"
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Plans are a bit f**ked now - Any offers on a Van Aaken Turbo High Boost engine?? ... offers gotta be good tho! FOR SALE - Vibe 10" Active Sub + Gmax Suspension Kit + Brand new Nokia 3100!

Originally posted by Wor Nick
Is it possiblwe to do the engine swap in a phase 2 Seicento? Considering the ECU will be set up for a MPI engine...?

Sorry - I may be wrong but,

Were you asking me about my engine specifically or Turbo'ing a Sei MPI in general?

Cheers,
Matt

"No it's not a custard"
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Plans are a bit f**ked now - Any offers on a Van Aaken Turbo High Boost engine?? ... offers gotta be good tho! FOR SALE - Brand new Nokia 3100!

I don't know if you could do the engine swap in an MPI - you may be able to swap the ECU for an SPI one but I don't know. If you really wanted to do it then you could take all the bits you needed out of the front of my written off Cinq along with the Turbo'd engine - and change all the bits - then it wouldn't matter if it was an MPI before? :p:p:p

Could Turbo an MPI but a different kit would be needed. In theory it would be easyier as you would not have to add a second injector - just re-adust the ones you already have - because between the 4 of them they could cope with th extra demand.

Matt

"No it's not a custard"
------------------------
[email protected]
------------------------
Plans are a bit f**ked now - Any offers on a Van Aaken Turbo High Boost engine?? ... offers gotta be good tho! FOR SALE - Brand new Nokia 3100!

Back