General On the road at last!

Currently reading:
General On the road at last!

N500SHP

I finally drove our 500 on the road on Friday as a UK registered and taxed car!

What a nightmare! The bloody thing doesn't exist apparently so they couldnt find a catagory to tax it as so there was some confusion as to what it could be classified as. The end option was PLG!

Anyway, the headlights have been changed to RHD ones (yes Fiat are stocking them in preparation!) and the speedo has an overlay for MPH, although its a bit wayward and I go by the sat nav reading.

The car is featured in issue 139 of Auto Italia by the way in its current state.

Work begines on Saturday to fettle the little blighter, but its sooo much fun to drive even now :), although I have lost it again as I have been demoted back to the 166 again lol!

My thanks to Jonathan and Steve at Walkers Garage for all their help and especially to Jonathan for putting up with me being shall we say "open" with my opinion on events at certain stages of the experience!

The really sad thing is though, I want to see another one on the road and wave to its owner - like we did in the old days with Alfa owners and how Multi owners still do :)

Congrats, trust all the efforts were worth it. Hope to give you a wave in the new year.

Worth the hassle to get it on the road a full month before the right handy ones arrive though? good comments and thumbs up from passers by I trust?(y)

I read the article in Auto Italia, they were full of praise for the car. Also gave your company a good plug. You also ran a full page advert on the adjoining page. One way of ensuring a good review.:D

LOL, the shop is in the background and not released yet - seemed little point as only me a 3 others have a 500!

Love the comment on the good plug - Auto Italia have helped a huge amount, but we work hand in hand, and I know the guys v v well. I pay £12k for a car and import it - they take it for a day to review it and then I pay extra to advertise our company... yuo would be surprised how much this **** costs!!

Our 500 is now signwritten and so many other prjects underway....tuning, induction and even supercharging almost ready to release.... but we will not release the shop until the car is released.. so register now and we will tell you as it comes along

Back