General brava indicators

Currently reading:
General brava indicators

ice1841

hi i have a 1999 vreg brava.the problem is when i put my indicaters on they are sometimes slow and just go off with the lights on and sometimes they do the same without the lights on its realy anoying me
sorry if its hard to understand im not the cleverest person at writing things

sounds like a short in the indicator circuit, since the headlights switch the indicators off it suggests the problem is possibly with the stalk switch. try disconnecting the rear lights to see if that stops the problem (indicating a short in a rear light), then do the same for the fronts, just to rule out a short in one of the lights.

I am thinking it may be a bad earth connection somewhere,try getting out of the car with the indicators on and see if the parking lights go on and off with the indicators,if they do it's possibly a bad earth on the indicators.Try the same with the headlights on,I am fairly sure that each light cluster has it's own earth which could be said that the problem should only be with one indicator but I have seen some weird results from a loose or corroded earth.Q-have ther ebeen any modifications to the lights or the panels that they are mounted in.Good luck.

Back