General Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v misfire problem.

Currently reading:
General Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v misfire problem.

Rickathome

My daughter has a Bravo 1.2 16v 80 car

it had developed a missfire the typical sort you get with petrol cars.

I have replaced the HT leads after taking it up the chase in the dark and looking at leads when reved up, i could see arc lights on the leads.

I thought this would resolve the issue but it still seems to be present.

when your pulling off you can feel it holding back then it goes ok somtimes worce then others.

it can become jerky to pull away somtimes.

Plugs where changed some months ago.

so plugs and leads i have ruled out to be honest.

Any sugestions would be good.

Rick

I did put some in about 4 months ago but i am sure this seems electrical

I may be wrong.

If you rev it up it seems responsive and smooth but soon as it is under load it becomes more noticeable

:worship:

hi,
sorry to hear your in the same boat as myself,so far i`ve changed
plugs, leads, coil pack , knock sensor , cam sensor, crank sensor, cam belt and tensioner( just incase belt had gone slack and messed up the valve timing) and four injectors...improved it but not cured it....i will keep an eye on your thread if you do likewise and maybe one of us will beat this bloody problem....good luck :bang:

This could be a number of things. Have any warning lights appeared at all? Basically what you described sounds like it could be at worse HG failure (common fault on 1.2) or the cambelt has jumped a tooth, best way would be to do a compression test, BUT I would definately look at the MAP sensor and Crankshaft sensor as any of these sensors can also cause a misfire and poor acceleration if not working correctly.

Some people have fixed similar problems by removing excess moisture from relays, fuses and the battery from the engine bay by using WD40, some have replaced the Lambda sensor but most commonly the MAP sensor or Crankshaft sensor is at fault. However i believe it would trigger a warning light if the MAP sensor was faulty, but maybe not. Probably worth a go if cheap enough.

Last edited:
Back