General Water INSIDE

Currently reading:
General Water INSIDE

Joiner

Hi guys,
This is my first post as I only found the forum yesterday.
You all seem to have a problem with water getting into the engine at the front, but how about this.
I have a 57 plate LWB maxi van and the water is getting in somewhere along the rear offside roof panel. The water seeps in somewhere and then runs along the panel joint inside and drops down where the joint meets the second roof bracer and which is also where the roof skins meet across the van.
I have a roof rack fitted and all the brackets have been bedded down with seam sealer.
Has anybody else had this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Look forward to hearing from anybody!!!

Well with regards to the water inside.

I have resealled around the rearmost roof rack bracket with low mod silicone and this seems to have sorted the leak. Only time will tell!!

The van has now developed a funny judder when starting in first gear and quite a bad vibration when reversing, unless you use a lot of revs. Any body got any ideas?

By the way still waiting for the letter about all the relevant recalls.

It`s the 2.3 120 multijet with only about 900 miles on the clock. The judder in first gear is getting worse. Don`t know if it is the engine mountings or maybe somewhere else in the transmission. Read somewhere else that someone with a motorhome had the same problem in reverse.
The last time that the van was in the dealers, to get some lights wired up, the mechanic said that he had read in some Fiat paperwork about the transmission judders.
Is this a common problem suffered by many others?

:eek:had customer ask this today!

Now...from memory the revs should be kept at 1300rpm (while gradually releasing clutch) or above when reversing,if judder occurs under this it is not seen as a fault.

Well, I tried this 1300 rev business today and boy does it take some doing to drive like this after nearly 30 years of " normal" driving. I still can`t see why the engine needs this much revs to stop any juddering.

Am I wrong to see this technique as a cover up for something more sinister?

I used to be told that this type of problem was caused by contamination of the clutch, but I`m no mechanic so god knows!

Back