Technical Dashboard fuse box

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard fuse box

Where is this fusebox. Removed the black plastic cover to the right of the steering wheel as indicated in page 176 of owners manual to find nothing but fresh air. In process of removing said cover managed to f..k one of the mounting lugs, new cover now required. Anyway, where the f..k is this fuse box. Looking for fuse 61 as my frigging bluetooth is now not working. Jassyo, after me saying I am now going to keep the car, this now happens!!!!!!!!!!! Not convinced it is the fuse, as this fuse also powers other items that are still working. Any thoughts on fuse box or the non functioning bluetooth. The CD unit still works, just no bluetooth function.

open the Glove box look to the left there is a plastic cover with a moulded handle....

The hand book must be a direct translation and image flip of the Italian version obviously it will be under that cover on a LHD car
Thanks for that, had been thinking along those lines and did not wan't to have to open my glovebox cos the catch is knackered and if I open it I won't be able to close it again. Planning to fit a new catch myself next week. So my shopping list now includes a glovebox catch and a plastic cover for the non existent fuse box, happy days!

Last edited:
Pull it towards you from the top.Put a small blob of grease on the lugs so its slides off easily next time.
Cheers, did make the mistake of pulling it from the bottom when I could'nt get it from the top. Pity Fiat did'nt put a blob of grease on it in the first place.

Problem is pulling from the bottom strains the tags,can still do this with grease if you pull it from bottom again. Personally I dont see whats wrong with 2 screws to fit/retain the cover.

Problem is pulling from the bottom strains the tags,can still do this with grease if you pull it from bottom again. Personally I dont see whats wrong with 2 screws to fit/retain the cover.
Yes it says in the manual to remove the 2 screws, obviously only on left hand drive models. 2 screws would be sensible.

2 screws cost nothing but if you are planning to make 250,000 cars you will need half a million plus the time and resources to fit them.........I hate to think what that would cost.

2 screws cost nothing but if you are planning to make 250,000 cars you will need half a million plus the time and resources to fit them.........I hate to think what that would cost.

Thing is, according to the manual it has 2 screws. Must be the left handers only. So most of them have the 2 screws. Anyway, this is getting quite silly. Life is too short to be worrying over a couple of 'missing screws'

Dont believe everything in the manual;)

According to EOBD legislation the EOBD connector should be in a accessible position & accessible without the need for tools (so police can check) maybe this is why screws not fitted.

Dont believe everything in the manual;)

According to EOBD legislation the EOBD connector should be in a accessible position & accessible without the need for tools (so police can check) maybe this is why screws not fitted.
Interesting, what is it the police need to be able to check?

Your emissions (yellow engine warning light) & they can tell when the light came on (time/date & mileage) so can dealer through examiner.Its against the law to knowingly drive around with a emission fault...in USA this light is on rear of car so police can see it which I think is a much better idea.

Found the fuse box in the glove compartment, what a crappy cover on that. Anyway, removed all fuses, re-inserted and bluetooth now works.

I have to say i think he has a point, you cant blame everything on fiat, fuses blow in all cars, its a fact of life, and YOU broke the plastic cover, not fiat.
You might want to read all of my posts and comments before making such a comment. This is not intended to have a go at you personally, however, it does kind of irk me ever so slightly when comments like your's and the one made by Superboy are made. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and this is what I like about these types of forums. A blown fuse has been the least of my problems and I probably was a bit peeved when I made my post. When the owners manual tells you to remove a panel to expose a fuse box that does not exist, and in the process of removing said panel it frigging breaks, you can imagine my frustration. The fuse box was on the other side of the dashboard (left hand drive manual obviously) and the cover for the fuse box was hanging off with crappy clips.
Anyway, surely it is okay for me to vent my frustrations about some of the poorer qualities of my particular car without receiving rather unhelpful comments. I am planning to buy another GPS so I have not totally given up on the brand. I unfortunately bought an early production run model with a whole host of issues, some of which I have shared on this forum. My dealer has been absolutely frigging useless.
Again, I repeat, I am not having a go at anyone. Just try to give a bit of slack when someone wants to vent their spleen on the forum.
PS. Should add, I have owned both of the previous models of Punto. Bought them new and both of them blew head gaskets just after warranty expired. Some of the younger guys on this forum who have limited experience of car ownership may be less cynical than some of us older hands. However, when you have had loads of bad experiences it does tend to pee you off when you get another crappy car and more crappy service from your dealer. I have to say (in my opinion and based on my experience) Fiat is pretty poor when it comes to build quality and customer service.

Last edited:
Back