General central locking playing up

Currently reading:
General central locking playing up

di606

hi there i m back again , my 96 sporting has decided that it'll be fun to stop the central working all the time. i had a cat 1 alarm fitted last week and everything worked fine off the alarm remote, but today the drivers door wont work . the boot and passenger door are sound. ive tested the key in drivers door it does work sometimes but you have to turn the key slowly. i can alarm the car and it locks boot and pass door then i have to key lock the drivers. wiring /relay/motor???????? help im clueless. is this one more of fiat's
annoying flaws

HI i had a problem with the locking on my cinq where everything was locking apart from the drivers door i had to get a new solenoied. Also mine was locking everything when i shut the door or if i went over a bump.

Usually, if any lock stays up when the rest are down the central locking throws a wobbly and puts the rest of the locks in the same position. As yours doesn't I'd suggest that either the locking unit in the door is unplugged/ fubared or the alarm fitting monkeys have done something to the wiring by the central locking control module. (scotchlocks?)

any ideas to who stocks a solenoid . fiat have told me 60 quid

Scrappies are your best bet I reckon. All C/L equipped cinqs seem to have the same solenoids in so any SX or Sporting will be a willing donor. Just check tho that yours is clipped together properly, I've seen 3 non working ones so far that the two parts had come unclipped, clip back together and tape round end to end to prevent future separation.

Back