Technical gearbox help

Currently reading:
Technical gearbox help

marky23

:)hi everyone im new on here, i have just bought a punto 94 lreg tdsx and the gearbox is a bit dodgy it wont go into second gear at all it just grinds i went to the garage and i got a qoute of £280 ouch. he told me if i can get a gearbox he could fit it for £100 just like to know could i use a petrol punto gearbox or would i have to try to find a diesel gearbox or would it be a straight swap any information would be great thanks

the petrol gearbox bellhouseing bolts would be different aswell, wont fit.
a box from a diesel uno or diesel fiorino van might work, same engine and box afaik.

uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!

no sorry i dont know anything about the box, but finding a uno diesel gearbox would be much cheaper and easier,hopefully. does £280 sound about right to get it fixed thanks

definately don't use a petrol gear box... the petrol gear box will be lower specced because it deals with lower torque levels than the diesel... much cheaper to make hence why they don't share a common gearbox...

Plus a diesel engine with a petrol 'box, provided it actually fitted and didn't break, would give a flat-out speed of about 80mph...[xx(]

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif