General Panda 4x4 Diesel

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 Diesel

J&M

Panda 4x4 diesel. Has anyone ever bought one of these in Europe and brought it back to the UK? I am thinking of doing it but haven't got a clue what's involved or even where to start so any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. I am not too worried about warranites etc as I have a very friendly dealer who has already agreed to look after it for me if I do get one.

Not a problem.. although I am not certain whats involved on a new vehicle
you need all the original papers (might be good to get the dealer to register it, or if export plates are available.... pay the VAT etc where its cheaper...
Although you should be able to register it with all the papers in the UK then go over with plates and tax disc etc... and fot them and drive back..

Headlamps would have to be changed from left to right hand drive, and that also means the fog light (if its only got 1)

But you have to be sure you can live with a LHD car.. (I have for many years, when I lived in the UK)

you can try a google search for "elite auto fr" (dont have the web address to hand) and see what price you can get.. or I can find you a second hand one if you like?

Easy one this, the Direct.gov website vehicle section, dvla website links and the HMRC website all contain info on the above. If you can wait till 2008 then do that. I would love to know what the MJ 4x4 is like - would be useful for when I,m in Cornwall on sis's farm in the winter.

I would love to know what the MJ 4x4 is like - would be useful for when I,m in Cornwall on sis's farm in the winter.

Lovely part of the world.....spent two weeks there this summer. But does it actually have a winter?

Bring it up here.....we definately have a winter......usually from May till mid September.;)

What's the road tax on panda 4x4 for 12 months .
Mate at work got a 06 discovery and pays £400 a year , he says all 4x4s are taxed this way.
Is this true with Smaller 4x4s

Depends on the emissions, not the fact it is 4x4, hopefully they are much the same as the 2WD MJ, check the european websites for more info on emissions and align with UK emission RFL tables.

What's the road tax on panda 4x4 for 12 months .
Mate at work got a 06 discovery and pays £400 a year , he says all 4x4s are taxed this way.
Is this true with Smaller 4x4s

Nope...£140 for the Panda 1.2 4x4 (up from £115 or £125 this budget)

Well the marketing man for FIAT UK seemed to think 2008 was MJ 4x4 and Panda Cross time. But don't quote me on it, because he was pretty vague about everything else.

Bought a new UK Panda 4x4 1.2 Climbing for my wife 4 months ago and fell in love with it whilst driving it from the dealer to my house. I am therefore looking to buy a German Panda 4x4 Climbing 1.3 MJ for myself in the next few months (plan to drive Iceland's ring-road). All paperwork etc looks fine. Just have to replace the front and rear lights to register in the UK (rear lights - single fog light is on the wrong side).

Note that I looked at the Panda Cross but as yet unable to find UK versions of the headlights. Enquired about UK versions of the Cross and MJ but didn't get the same feedback as PekingPanda. Cannot understand why the Fiat UK Marketing man would be vague - His job is marketing Fiats and I would have thought that he'd provide as much info as possible or at least he'd have got back to you with sound details. If PekingPanda provides a name and phone number - we can all enquire individually and make this guy earn his money by giving us some accurate answers and, if it is true, launch dates. How about it PekingPanda? Together we can tell Fiat UK is a clear voice what the user wants.

I bought a new UK Panda 4x4 1.2 Climbing for my wife 4 months ago and fell in love with it whilst driving it from the dealer to our house. I am therefore looking to buy a German Panda 4x4 Climbing 1.3 MJ for myself in the next few months (plan to drive it around Iceland's ring-road). All paperwork etc looks fine. Just have to replace the front and rear lights to register it in the UK (why rear lights? Because the single fog light is on the wrong side).

Note that I looked at the Panda Cross but as yet I am unable to find UK versions of the headlights. Enquired about UK versions of the Cross and MJ but didn't get the same feedback as PekingPanda. Cannot understand why the Fiat UK Marketing man would be vague - His job is marketing Fiats and I would have thought that he'd provide as much info as possible or at least he'd have got back to you with sound details. If PekingPanda provides a name and phone number - interested people on this forum can enquire individually and make this guy earn his money by giving us some accurate answers and, if it is true, launch dates in 2008. How about it PekingPanda? Together we can tell Fiat UK is a clear voice what the user actually wants.

How to get FIAT's marketing man on the phone. Ring FIAT's hotline number found on the website, ask the poor woman on the end lots of annoying questions related to poor fuel extra fuel filters, air filters etc, flirt a bit and be nice. She then says she doesn't know but gives you the telephone number of FIAT's head office so you can speak to the technical man (who is as vague as the marketing man) whilst speaking to the recpetionist ask for the marketing dept and get through to marketing. Mention you live in France where we have the diesel 4x4 and listen as he says "Yes, and there's the one that looks a bit like a small SUV, you've got that there too as well, maybe, perhaps they'll be on the market in the UK next year, what are they called?"

But don't hassle the guy I'm trying to be nice to him and get him to sponsor me, and don't expect anything confirmed out of him, he's hardly going to tell us something before the press release is he?

Also Marketing isn't actually who you'd need to speak to anyway about getting the diesel and Cross, they're just the people who commission the adverts. You'd need to speak to Sales.

Now I could post FIAT's UK HQ phone number here, but hey that'd spoil all your fun wouldn't it (also I can't find the scrap of paper I wrote it on under this huge pile of papers, tents, stoves, jerrycans)?

Fiat UK Ltd
12th Floor
Marble Arch Tower
55 Bryanston Street
London
W1H 7AA

Telephone: 020 7724 1245
Fax: 020 7725 9744

Last edited:
A portuguese Panda 4x4 Cross
08274a_20070923_NIKON_D80_12_0_24_0_mm_f_4_5_5_6.sized.jpg

Back