Technical Replacing Dial Unit on MK2

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing Dial Unit on MK2

marky_20

Hi Guys,

I've got an MK2 Punto and it hasn't got a rev counter :( I know all of the dial units are the same size and im thinking of visiting a scrappy to pick one up!Has anyone replaced one and is it a problem to fit?

Will i need any extra cables to connect the rev counter up or should it work??

Dont know much about this so any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

afaik the wire conector is the same on all models but i dont think that it would work.
i wouldnt recomend it but if you still want too go through with it you will lose your oddometer milage and the car will have to go to a garage too get calibrated (proxi alligned) too that unit else the display wont work properly.

uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!

I changed my dials about a month ago. there is one wire connection on the back and the dials are interchangable. everything should work fine (temp guage, revs etc) but you will need to have the mileage changed and the lcd display may well flash. these must be sorted out by fiat. they will charge you an hours labour to put mileage correct and stop flashing.... worth it though.

proxi alligning stops the lcd from flashing also with the diagnostic computer at a fiat garage you can only increase the oddometer.

uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!

Back