General Doblo radio cd fitting advice needed

Currently reading:
General Doblo radio cd fitting advice needed

maspujas

have recently bought new genuine fiat oe radio cd part No 735 299 652 (ebay)to go in early 04 doblo, however it wont work when plugged in, display reads 'CAN CHECK' & will do nothing more, I think this relates to canbus system, am I correct in thinking that an early 04 doblo is not 'canbus' equipped & so this unit is not suitable?, the plugs & pins are the same as on the radio cassette but there are small differences on wiring diagram stickers, 3 pins are marked differently, cd has CAN A, CAN B, & a sun symbol, radio cassette has these 3 pins marked NC. any help appreciated.

Early 04 models do not run a full canbus system, however I do believe it runs a part canbus system to switch on your lights, heated screen, etc etc. but is not linked to the radio in any way.

An easy way to see if you have CanBus is to install an LED bulb in one of the light circuits, ie. Sidelights and if after you lock your car the bulb lights dimly the CanBus system is communicating.

There may be a way to bypass this on the CD? Give a dealer a ring and ask if there are 2 different CD models. If you fit an aftermarket CD player you won't have a problem if they cannot help you :)

Only other thing I can suggest is to plug in your old tape back in to set the system, see if that works and then swap them over quickly, it's what you have to do on Peugeots if you want to put an aftermarket stereo in otherwise the car won't start.

Many thanks Ozzie, dealers say only 1 rad/cd listed for my doblo part no735388373, a different part no from the one on the unit I have, (I guess this one would suit a later model), unfortunately have found I dont have code card for original rad/cass with car docs, fortunately, unlike peugeot car is running without it re fitted.

Well that is fortunate ;)

Erm... only thing I can suggest is sell the CD/Radio back on eBay and buy yourself an aftermarket one from Halfords or Car Audio Direct.com :)

Standard stereos are pretty awful anyway, an aftermarket one would sound better and look better - a face off one would be less tempting to theives too.

Back