warranty claims after independant servicing

Currently reading:
warranty claims after independant servicing

sparkybaz

has anyone tried making a warranty claim after having their vehicle serviced by independant garages "to fiat spec".
i called fiat today and was told the 1.3 multijet 12k service is roughly £200.
i then asked that this seemed high when its just an oil and filter change,i was told you can take it to any garage that is vat registered and they stamp the book as long as they use genuine fiat parts,oil and filter.

just wondered is it what they say and what they will do in the result of a problem.

the law says that they must honour the warranty if you get it serviced elsewhere but you MUST get it done at a VAT registered garage and you must be able to proove that the correct oem parts were used. thats the law.

You must have your vehicle serviced in accordance with the frequency and content detailed in the Fiat FiatCare Booklet. Fiat recommend that all servicing should be carried out in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations from the date of first registration by a Fiat Appointed Dealer or by an independent VAT registered service/repairer outlet (if in doubt, please call the FiatCare Office for clarification).

If you have your vehicle repaired or maintained by an independent repairer during the Warranty period the Warranty may be lost if the work carried out is faulty.
Any service must be carried out within +/- 30 days or +/- 1000 miles (whichever comes first) of the time or mileage specified.
Any part(s) fitted and materials used must be Fiat Genuine Parts or parts of an equivalent high quality.
The manufacturer’s service record needs to be stamped accordingly and the servicing invoice retained.

as per your warrenty docs

The make of does not need to be the manufacturers, but has to be of the same or higher specification than specified by the manufacturer and has to be approved of the manufacturer.

As Jug stated to be careful. Best is to get manufacturers own parts and buy them from a dealer, which is absolut proof that parts are OE.

Back