General Goodbye Stilo, looked hot but you were not

Currently reading:
General Goodbye Stilo, looked hot but you were not

ChrisF

Today i just put down the deposit/arranged trade in for an 04 Plate, mint condition 2.0 i-vtec sport accord with 23K miles on the clock. I mean MINT! hardly a scratch on it at all. Drives like a dream, a million miles from my stilo. The fiat nightmare ends on Wednesday. I paid £9995 and i got £3855 on trade in with a full tank of fuel in it when i pick it up (thanks to my wideo girlfriend chancing her arm with the saleswoman, who was very nice and helpful). We test drove a 2.2 ctdi too which was 11,500 covered in scratches and scuffs and it was slow, then went to another dealers and found this little gem! Chuffed...

Looks like this one here, but it's not the one i bought

media

A soap bubble on wheels? Hehe. My mother-in-law has a similiar (not that engine though). Good luck with your new motor, too bad the Stilo didn't keep the standards.

M.

Sorry to hear your leaving fiat Chris,shame you had alot of problems.There were a few people who did their upmost to help when you had that cutting out problem but hey you got to move on!
Good luck with the Honda & post some pics in the non-fiat section(y)

All the help was and is still greatly appreciated, the cutting out thing got fixed properly and the car was fine. I would like to say thanks to the Ayr Fiat people who have been phenomenal in getting my car fixed every time is gone wrong. They were always helpful and always found some way to talk the warranty company into paying for a hire car and get my car back on the road as quick as possible. They put the glasgow dealership to shame!

The head gasket went and someone ran into the back of it too, as well as the warranty being almost up. It just felt like it was one thing after another with the stilo and especially now that i'm up and down the motorway everyday to work (and the fact that winter, my stilo's least favourite motorway season is coming). I thought it was probably a good move while i had the money! The accord is a beautiful car to drive and does have alot more space inside which i could be doing with thesedays...Oh yeah, and go figure, the day i arrange the trade in i got a nice big puncture on the way home, think shes pissed off?

I'll still be around these parts, I've learned alot about the stilo from it breaking down so much. I wouldn't say the Stilo was a bad car, I've had some great road trips in it. I just don't think it's built to take the kind of abuse that our climate and motorways throw at it. It's all down to luck i guess, i could have got the next one off of the production line and had no problems at all.

I pick my new accord up on wednesday if the bank/insurance company have everything in place in time.

Back